In September I had an abnormal "potentially high grade" PAP. I had a colpo which showed only mild dysplasia. I had my 3 month follow up PAP last week and it came back again as "potentially high grade PAP." My gyn said that since she couldn't really tell if it was getting worse or not, she'd rather be safe and do another colpo.
The problem is that her practice is busy and I couldn't get an appointment until mid May. Is it safe for me to wait that long to get the colpo? I don't want the dysplasia to progress further between now and then. What do you think?
I would say that is probably ok. Cervical dysplasia tends to be very slow-growing. If you it is making you too edgy to wait that long, I'd see someone else. When I had my ASCUS pap, I went in for a colpo about 2 or 3 weeks later. They took a couple of biopsies & found Carcinoma in Situ outside & inside my cervix. I had a deep LEEP done two weeks after that. My dr. didn't want to wait longer than one month so I was put into a cancellation slot. It all worked out & I am glad THAT is over. We've all been where you are now. The actual WAITING tends to be worst than the procedure. Hope you can get in sooner. See if you can get on their cancellation list!
Well, it turns out a spot opened up this coming Monday, so I guess I don't have to wait 6 weeks after all. I'm annoyed because I'll just have finished my period Sunday, and then I'll have to spend another 4 or 5 days leaking gross stuff from the colpo. Great. Better to get it over with though, I guess.