It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

MissMaree HB User
Need Opinions Please..

A good friend of mine adviced me to come here, to seek some answers.
Im not currently diognosed with Cervical Cancer..but I fear I maybe any day now.

Im am 37 years old.

I went to my Dr on monday for a routine Pap Smear as because I had left it to long (for me) I usually have 1 every 12 months because i feel 2 years is way to long. My choice it wasnt suggested by my Dr to do so.

I had my son 2.7 years ago and at my 6 weeks check up I had My pap.. All returned Normal.. (Ive never not had a Normal one)

This pap the other day is 2 years 5 months since the last one.

I have been noticing an increase in my Vaginal discharge for about 12 months. its usually always clear and not much of a smell to it. depending on where I am in my cycle it does get a bit fishy.
My Periods are usually 29-35 day cycles. No spotting in between them.

This last period was 37 days, spotted for 2 days then flooded for 2 then it stopped as soon as it started.

Now to the exam.

When the Dr was setting up for the PAP she commented on my vagina has some lumps on it. She also commented on my uterious and said its very red and inflammed and has lumps on it as well.just a slight scrape to get the cells for the PAP caused bleeding.

She also noted that my glads in my groin on the right side is enlarged. its sore this past couple of days.

She recommended that I use some thrush/yeast cream toi see if that help.. The only thing she said" it doesnt look good".. she really didnt answer my questions and basically said "lets see what the PAP results are" No suggestion what she thought it could be . I on the other hand are imagining the worst.

I started to spot after 2 nights of the cream, very tender and sore.

Im sorry this is so long and detailed.. but I wanted to present the facts as they stand so if anyone has any advice you have all the information..

Thank you for reading this.

Last edited by MissMaree; 04-05-2006 at 06:42 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

MissMaree HB User
Re: Need Opinions Please..

Sorry to add more....

*The lumps were in my vagina.
*I usually bleed for 4-5 days..
the first day hardly anything .. heavy for 2 days nothing on the fourth,, then spotting on the 5th.

Old 04-05-2006, 06:47 PM   #3
(female)

ilovesporty HB User

Maree,
I'm sorry to hear of all that you are going through. While my symptoms (acutally I had no symptoms) were not like yours, I did have cervical cancer. And I DID have paps (all previously normal) each year. So please, don't beat yourself up about missing them.

I just wanted you to know that there are many women here who can support you and hopefully answer some of your questions. The waiting is the worst part, and your body needs you right now, so try not to stress too much.

Take care!

Old 04-07-2006, 11:13 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

MissMaree HB User

ilovesporty, Thank you for your kind words. I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.. as you would know I'm in a black hole and its hard to look past myself. I hope and pray that your fight is overcome with great success.

Old 04-08-2006, 07:45 PM   #5
(female)

tinker_belle HB User

MissMaree,
I have no answers for you, but wanted to write back just so you know there are many of us out here who understand your plight. Many of us also know how hard it is to wait for test results. Don't beat yourself up, I had 17 years of perfect paps until one came back high grade dysplasia - hang in there and know we are all here for you!
8-)
Jen

Closed Thread