It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-06-2006, 08:58 AM   #1
(female)

cityriderx HB User
Question Latex condom allergy? LEEP questions

I have had 2 Leeps done. First one was over a year ago for CIN I, II. I then had 2 spots show up again, but the colp results came back as cervicitis. Which I then had another Leep last week to remove these two spots. Then I started wondering, could the latex condoms be causeing this stuff to not go away? My husband and I exclusively use only condoms for birth control. I donít want to get a hysterectomy yet, although I am 39, and have kids. I would like to keep the possiblity open for an additional child before I am too old. I have a feeling that my dr will suggest a hysterectomy if this next year also brings abnormal paps. (she already has brought it up at the last colp appt). Do these pieces of removed cervix grow back eventually?

Old 04-06-2006, 09:55 AM   #2
(female)

kitkatD HB User
Re: Latex condom allergy? LEEP questions

Do you have a latex allergy? My 6 yr. old is airborne anaphylactic to latex & will break out in hives from touching latex. If you were allergic to latex, you'd probably already know by now, but I think you are trying to say that latex condoms might be aggravating your condition? I have never heard of that. I have heard that they recommend using condoms if you have HPV, but that in itself can't truly protect 100% anyway.

Regarding growth, you will get scar tissue that grows over the areas that were taken out. Sometimes GYNs can't even tell you've had a leep if it was pretty shallow. Anyway, sorry I wasn't much help. I know that not smoking, eating fruits & veggies can help fight off HPV, but that's all I know.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread