It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 07:55 AM   #1
(female)

tinker_belle HB User
Anyone Notice Changes In Cycle Post LEEP?

Hi,
I was wondering if any of you who have had LEEP's done have noticed changes in your period following the procedure?
I had a LEEP on 1/4 and since my periods have been more like 7 or 8 days of spotting rather than the 3-5 days they used to be? Also, I've noticed my pms symptoms (crankiness and migraines) begin much earlier than they used to? Last month I felt like I never had an actual period as the discharge remained darker in color (was never quite red, like it used to be) and cramps were back in full force.
I take Yasmin, so I thought that would continue to curb the pms issues and keep things going typically. Prior to the LEEP menstruation was pretty on 'schedule' for me.
I am going to call the Dr's office on Tuesday when the nurse who I love is in, she was very helpful with my dysplasia/LEEP questions (she's off on Monday), but I wondered if any of you had similiar issues.
Thanks -
Jen

Old 04-09-2006, 06:21 PM   #2
(female)

ilovesporty HB User
Re: Anyone Notice Changes In Cycle Post LEEP?

Hi Jen,
I had 2 cold knife cones rather than a LEEP, but I think I can relate. My periods since my first cone in December were much like yours. My last one was the only one that was anywhere close to normal (red finally after a few days of brown...TMI, sorry ). I would think that it's probably just a normal reaction by your body to the trauma. Good idea to call the nurse, but I just wanted to let you know that you weren't the only one.

Take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2006, 08:07 PM   #3
(female)

tinker_belle HB User

Thanks for your post Sporty.
I appreciate it!

Old 04-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #4
(female)

Katharine2 HB User

I had changes similiar to what you are describing after just having cryotherapy and was wondering what the heck was going on I thought it was from stressing out. I'll have a combo of spotting and discharge as well at first then real heavy period for three days then its over. My gyno told me it was noormal though which is odd.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
(female)

tinker_belle HB User

Hi,
I actually have an appointment with my OB/GYN on Tuesday. We'll be discussing these changes because during my last period I had a very, very hard time with PMS - wicked migraines and cramps.
I am considering changing bcp's if that will help,
Will keep everyone posted since this is beginning to seem more and more common.
Jen

Closed Thread