It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006, 04:13 PM   #1
(female)

Homegurl HB User
Just had first colposcopy & biopsy, still spotting and cramping...just scared

I just passed the yellow stuff and cramping (like menstrual) for the first three days and on day four I am spotting some bright red and brown. I'm not supposed to start my period for two more weeks. Is this normal?

Also my doctor told men no sex for 3-4 weeks. Does that seem like too long? Not that I'm interested in the moment,lol.

He took a pen head sized piece of tissue off. He said that was all of the abnormal tissue he found and thinks he got it all and possibly even all of the HPV (which he informed me I had during the procedure). I was shocked because my dh and I were both virgins and haven't had any sex with anyone else (I really do believe that!). My GYN told me that he has three other couples like us and that people can actually catch this from warts on their hands by touching their genitals. I never expected to be dealing with this and am really tyring not to freak out.

How long does it take to get biopsy results back usually?

Old 04-10-2006, 04:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User
Re: Just had first colposcopy & biopsy, still spotting and cramping...just scared

No sex for 3 to 4 weeks after a colposcopy? That's way overkill in my opinion. My gyno says just to wait til the discharge stops and then it's fine. Every source I've ever read recommends no sex for 2 to a week.

It is normal to have some spotting a few days after your colpo, as long as it's not heavy. But if you're worried, you can always call your doc. Has the cramping stopped?

Don't freak out. What you're going through is common, and nothing bad will happen to you. Cervical dysplasia is treatable. And you don't have to be promiscuous or dirty to get HPV. It happens.

Biopsy results usually take between one and two weeks.

Last edited by Timber; 04-10-2006 at 04:31 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-11-2006, 08:15 AM   #3
(female)

Homegurl HB User
Re: Just had first colposcopy & biopsy, still spotting and cramping...just scared

Yes, I had the colposcopy Friday morning and I am still cramping on Tues.. Is it possible that it made me have a period mid cycle? I am just spotting brown now, but having what feels like menstrual cramps (tolerable, but uncomfortable). I swelled really bad the day of the procedure and was very sore. The swelling was much better Saturday, but I ached all weekend. I am not sure if my GYN used latex gloves or not ,because I swell when they do, or if that is just normal too.

Old 04-18-2006, 03:04 AM   #4
(female)

Paperbag7 HB User

It's weird how easily spread HPV is. I never had unprotected sex with anyone until i was with my husband. He has always used condoms in his past as well... Maybe HPV slips though or maybe you can get it if someone sneezes on you (Just kidding of course)... Dont feel bad. Its something that soo many people have but just dont know it.

Old 04-18-2006, 05:44 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Timber HB UserTimber HB User

Paperbag I got HPV having used condoms every single time I had sex. EVERY TIME. Condoms probably HELP prevent HPV, but they are not guaranteed protection.

Closed Thread