It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-19-2006, 02:58 PM   #1
Veteran
(female)

Live-Life-to-Love HB User
What were your 1st Symtoms of Ovarian Cancer or Ovarian Cysts....

I have two "masses" on my ovary. I just found this out yesterday. I was told they were probably cysts but of course until the tests are performed I will not know for sure and am a mess and very confused. My doctor doesn't seem too worried, but they never are initially...as not to worry you. Thank goodness I have a ultrasound scheduled for this Monday so I won't have to wait too long for some information.

What brought me to the GYN is that I had strep throat exactly a week ago with a fever of 104.5 for 2 straight days (kept it down to 101 with Tylenol and Advil). When my fever would spike that high I had the most terrible pain on my right ovary. Then when the fever would come down the pain went away. This kept happeneing anytime my fever rose. Also I have had this pulling/tugging on the right side that comes and goes for about two months now. So I decided to finally get it checked out. My doctor did a quick ultrasound in his office and we definatly saw two masses. He couldn't tell what it was made of so I am going for a definatlve answer on Monday.

Both cysts and cancer symtoms are similar so I am not sure what to think. The one thing that sticks out for me is that I am very nauseaus but of course this could be a side effect of the antibiotic that I just finished this morning (28 pills to be exact). And I am soooo very tired, more than usual....which makes me scared since this is a symptom of cancer. Some people say that I could still be recooperating from such a high fever and illness that hit me only a week ago in regards to the tiredness. All I know if after the kids go to school I need to go back to sleep until early afternoon. This is not normal.

I was wondering what YOUR first symptoms were before you found out you have ovarian cysts OR cancer and what your story is.

Thanks for any and all posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2006, 06:07 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

lilsunshine46 HB User
Re: What were your 1st Symtoms of Ovarian Cancer or Ovarian Cysts....

Just wanted to put your mind at ease if I can. My daughter was 11 at the time they found a large "mass" , the dimensions were almost 7x7x8 approx. She had lost 20 lbs in a yrs time but we thought it was from her spinal tap due to het PTC {psuedotumor in her brain} and yes she did have a lot of nausea and vomiting.
When they did her US it was to check to see if her medication was causing kidney stones, so they found the mass quite by accident. They also found a congenital kidney problem as well. She ended up needing two surgeries 6 weeks apart, the gyn 1st as they deemed it more urgent, cancer was at the back of everyone's minds due to extreme weight loss. The day of her surgery was a blessing, no malignacy and they were able topreserve ALL her reproductive organs. The kidney surgery on the other hand kicked her butt. And she still suffers from headaches everyday due to her congenital brain defect. You would never know it to look at her as she is a beautiful Honor Roll child.

Good luck

Closed Thread