It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 PM   #1
(female)

cantbelieveit HB User
Exclamation severe dysplasia and Alderra Cream

Has anyone heard of Alderra Cream being used for Severe dysplasia? Everything I've read (including here) from the different procedures like LEEP, cone, laser and other surgery is what is normally recommended. My oncologist said the area is too large to laser and a partial vaginectomy (I've had a hysterectomy) would shrink the area too much so he's trying this cream for 4 months and then doing another colp, to see if it worked. It's only 40-50% effective and I've had the sev. dysplasia for at least 14 months. Laser was attempted and didn't work. I'm going for a 2nd opinion next week because his recommendation makes me very nervous.... does anyone know of this or what is recommended if the dysplasia is on the vagina? My mind is so full of questions...... PLEASE, any information would be of help.

Old 09-13-2006, 07:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sharon7270 HB User
Re: severe dysplasia and Alderra Cream

I wish I could offer more advice, but I just looked up this cream and it is used to treat genital warts, but I found nothing about it being used to treat dysplasia. This may be experimental and there is no info out there yet. I do know that the dysplasia coming back in the vagina is a concern that was brought to my attention when discussing hysterectomy with my doctor. I don't know what the treatment of choice is for that, though. I know I have offered little help here, but my thought is this...if it isn't going to hurt you and it may work then why not? 50% odds of it working sounds pretty cool. Especially if it means you can avoid more surgery. I will be very curious to see how this turns out for you, so keep posting!!

Sharon

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2006, 12:08 AM   #3
(female)

cantbelieveit HB User
Re: severe dysplasia and Alderra Cream

Thank you for your reply, I'm open to hearing all ideas... I didn't know this could happen after having a complete hyster and have been full of questions since I found out. They found the first dysplasia right before my hyster. and did the laser. I thought it was gone but to my surprise.... here I am asking questions. It's even more confusing because my gyno and another gyno have recommended a partial vaginectomy and this one didn't even consider it.... so I'm leary of the Alderra cream working, especially since my progression rate has been so fast and I don't know if this is wasting valuable time and since cancer is so rampant in my family, including my mother who is going thru chemo now. Have lots to think about and will feel better if the 2nd opinion is the same with at least 1 of the other 3. Thanks again for responding.

Closed Thread