It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2006, 10:21 AM   #1
(female)

hazel eyes HB User
Test Anxiety

Can anyone tell me what i should expect with the results of the LEEP? I know thats a dumb question but im a nervous wreck and by the time i get the results i will be nuts

My dr. told me that the canal was clear according to the results of the colposcopy and that there were 2 small spots of cin III on the cervix and that was why we was taking a cone biopsy.

So i was talking to him while he was doing the Leep and i asked him about what the possible outcome might be and he just said it can be anything or nothing, sometimes the punch biopsy gets the lesion, any of the Cin's or worse case cancer.

My two questions:
1. Ok worse case CANCER...does that mean that it WAS cancer and now is gone or that further treatment is needed

2. And what is the percentage that the dr. got it all..is it likely to happen that the results will be good.

Thanks for listening....just needed to vent AGAIN <grin>

~Lisa

Old 09-20-2006, 02:50 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Re: Test Anxiety

Hi Lisa,

Okay, I was worse case scenario. They did find a tiny 2mm invasion in my LEEP biopsy that was missed with the colpo/punch biopsies. This is very rare, it does not happen very often at all. Like 1 or 2% chance? The invasion was contained within the speciman so I had clear margins. There was no further treatment recommended by my gyn other than regular paps. I chose to have a hysterectomy as this is a recommended treatment for women who have completed their families.

Have to run for now. Hope this helps a little.

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2006, 03:26 PM   #3
(female)

hazel eyes HB User
Re: Test Anxiety

Thanks Karen....it does help.

I have a family so that wouldnt be so horrible if that was all that was needed. That would also give me peace of mind...in a strange way.

~Lisa

Closed Thread