It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2006, 05:53 PM   #1
(female)

danilee HB User
+ colpo&biopsy followed by - PAP after no treatment

I was told to have leep done in July due to ASCUS pap and then immediate colpo and biopsy showed moderate dysplasia. I also am HPV positive. This was all done 2 months after giving birth.
Instead of doing the LEEP I opted for another opinion and had a repeat PAP. the PAP came back NEGATIVE , nothing NADA.
Did that PAP miss something>? The doc was really thourough with it, I even bleed a little bit for a couple days after the PAP. The new doc siad that the colpo/biospy I had done could have made my cervix heal itself. I am so confused. I know I ask this question before, but I am really wanting more advice.

thank you everyone

Dani

Old 10-10-2006, 06:30 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

sharon7270 HB User
Re: + colpo&biopsy followed by - PAP after no treatment

The PAP can miss things. I had a PAP as well as colpo and ECC's done two weeks ago...PAP came back normal... ECC's not normal....this is all after cone biopsy for bad stuff, which is why I had the colpo at the same time. The PAP is purely a screening test. I would just wait and repeat the PAP. I am guessing they have you coming back in 4-6 months?? Moderate dysplasia is not as likely as mild to resolve itself, but it does happen and if she did thouroughly scrape the cervix during the colpo she may have removed all of the diseased tissue and caused the new cells to do their job...I have read this as well!! Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-10-2006, 09:20 PM   #3
(female)

danilee HB User

Thank you Sharon. I hope that you will be OK. I dont know for sure if I have glandular involvement, which is more serious. It is in the endocervical canal, which an ECC would pick up. BUT~ I have not had one of those yet, does that hurt?

I am so scared that waiting another 3 months I will develop cancer, but I am so scared to do the LEEP because of my ob history, and wanting other children. Im so confused. I still have the leep scheduled for the 18th, but Id really like to wait.

Dani

Old 10-11-2006, 07:28 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User

Dani,

Was laser ever offered to you as an option for treatment? This does not leave any tissue left for sample like a LEEP does, but it is an accepted, effective treatment in some cases.

Karen

Old 10-11-2006, 09:52 AM   #5
(female)

danilee HB User

no Karen nothing but leep was offered, thats what i dont like. I found out my pathology states " moderate dysplasia extending into endoervical glands"
dont know what this means, but i had a neg pap. so confused and scared.

Old 10-11-2006, 10:13 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User

I'm guessing probably the laser wasn't offered because of the "extending into endocervical glands" part. They don't like to do laser when the canal is involved. Is it possible to go back to the doc who did the colpo/biopsy? I think a sit down consultation would be a very prudent thing to do right now, with the specific question: "will the pap pick up on any endocervical glandular cell changes?" I do not want to add to your worry, but personally, I would be exploring this further. I think also that you want to explore this further, based on your messages the last little while. I know you are scared and worried, so it is best that you get yourself to a doctor and sit down and have a really good conversation about this. Write down ALL your questions, ALL your concerns. You need to get some answers from a medical professional.

Also, have you considered seeing a counselor? I saw one when I was getting really confused/frustrated/crazy about my medical stuff. It helped to have an outside perspective and she also helped alot with my "plan of action", gave me the confidence to proceed with it too. Perhaps talking with a counselor about your fears related to your miscarriage would be helpful. What you experienced was extremely tragic and intensely personal, and I would imagine very difficult to deal with on your own.

I hope I haven't overstepped, I'm worried about you and that is where my message has come from.

hugs,

Karen

Old 10-11-2006, 04:32 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

sharon7270 HB User

I had glandular involvement as well...still do, and know how scared you are...I was there. If you really trust your doctor then do what he says is best and you will be fine. Educate yourself, listen to these wonderful knowledgeable women, and take care of yourself. Do your best to not stress!! I know it is hard, but do everything you can to put this out of your mind until you have to deal with it!

Closed Thread