It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
(female)

madean HB User
Angry thermal artifact in leep results-unreadable

I just got back from my 2 week check up from my Leep procedure. This dr told me that the dr who performed the procedure basically burnt the area ("too much thermal artifact to accurately read specimen") that was sent to get diagnosed so most of my results were unreadable. The part that was readable came back fine, but I am worried about the inknown part and certainly dont want my cervix cut into again. The other part that annoys me is when I was in the office on the table for the procedure, the dr and the 2 assisting nurses were questioning one another on how high to set the machine. It was my dr who told them to set it higher--when it should not have been higher! Of course, I said nothing b/c these people are professionals. I trusted in my dr. Needless to say, I am so sorry I didnt speak up then! So, now what am I supposed to do? Sit here and wait til my next pap in 6 months? Has this happened to anyone before???? What do I do about this dr's mistake? Please advise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks...

Old 10-10-2006, 02:52 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Re: thermal artifact in leep results-unreadable

How frustrating for you (understatement, I know!)! I guess your first course of action would be filing a complaint with the hospital if you feel it is necessary, and also look into who overeees doctors who do this sort of treatment - such as society for colposcopists (if he is a colposcopist)?

I would probably feel more comfortable having a pap in four months versus six.

If it helps, I would be very upset too if I were in your shoes.

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread