It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-23-2007, 04:02 PM   #1
(female)

Mom2JAM HB User
New here - ? re: 'mass' on fallopian tube

Hi all,

I would appreciate any feedback/shared symptoms...info...suggestions or all of the afore mentioned

I am 45 and recently diagnosed as having severe anemia after having had gastric bypass 4 yrs ago. Hematologist (just met him yesterday) suspects I just don't absorb iron anymore. The surgeon who did the weight loss surgery wants me to come in next week for an upper/lower GI to check for 'internal' bleeding.

Last week, I went to see the nurse practitioner at my pcp's office and told her I want every test known to woman kind as I feel like ca-ca and don't have the energy to move (+ having three special needs kids, I need all the energy I can get). She ordered more blood tests (lupus, celiacs etc) but we are still waiting for the results.
The other thing I insisted she order is an abdominal/ovarian u/s as I am having a lot of discomfort/pressure in my left ovary since ovulating two weeks ago...I promise I am getting to the point....which I had done yesterday (mon). Well, on the way to the hema. dr, my pcp nurse calls and says I need a pg test...as they found a 'mass on my left fallopian tube'. The beta was negative as are all the otc pg tests I have taken.

It feels like there is a spike in my left butt cheek going to where my ovary is...and one running from my ovary down to my left hip and thigh. There is constant pressure there. When I try to sleep on my left hip, it hurts so much that I wake up and this has been happening for several months.

Now, every symptom from my ongoing dry cough to every aching muscle is making me 'look for zebra's when it is probably a horse' (my mother's saying).

I also take synthroid, after having most of my thyroid removed 5 yrs ago and my TSH went from .27 to 10.85 in three months!

It is frustrating to repeatedly hear 'well, the dr will review your new blood tests and the radiologist report and get back to you asap'...knowing that a patient's sense of urgency isn't always shared by the dr's.

I appreciate any feedback...and I hope I didn't sound to whiney...sorry this was so long

Tana

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread