It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2007, 11:52 AM   #1
(female)

REDZIE407 HB User
Got My Results (great! But Confused!)

HI EVERYONE,
I HAD A CONE BIOPSY AND LEEP ON 1/5 DUE TO ATYPICAL GLANDULAR CELLS ON MY PAP. ALL MY LAB WORK CAME BACK NEGITIVE, BUT MY DR IS SENDING ME TO A GYNO/ONCOLOGIST BECAUSE HE TOLD ME CANCER COULD POSSIBLY BE IN ANOTHER PART OF MY BODY THAT PRODUCES GLANDULAR CELLS. HE TOLD ME TO BE VERY HAPPY THAT MY BIOSPSY CAME BACK CLEAR AND I AM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY, JUST CONFUSED. DOES ANYONE KNOW ABOUT THIS?
THANKS,
REDZIE

Old 01-25-2007, 11:05 PM   #2
(female)

Gloria72 HB User
Re: Got My Results (great! But Confused!)

Good for you! I'm so happy for you.

I'm sorry I can't help you, I don't know what your Dr means . I wish I did.

I wish you the best and I'll keep you in my prayers.

Glo

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2007, 06:07 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

malibu82 HB User

Ok, so you had your LEEP which came back fine, which is great, but you are still being sent to a gynaceologist/oncologist because the cancer could be in another part of your body?

That sounds very strange and if I were you I would try and speak to the doctor who told you this and ask exactly what he means. The LEEP was obviously taken from your cervix, so I really don't know how he could say that cancer could be in another part of your body.

Did you not ask him any questions?

Old 01-26-2007, 06:13 PM   #4
(female)

REDZIE407 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu82 View Post
Ok, so you had your LEEP which came back fine, which is great, but you are still being sent to a gynaceologist/oncologist because the cancer could be in another part of your body?

That sounds very strange and if I were you I would try and speak to the doctor who told you this and ask exactly what he means. The LEEP was obviously taken from your cervix, so I really don't know how he could say that cancer could be in another part of your body.

Did you not ask him any questions?
THE REASON THE CANCER CAN BE IN ANOTHER PART OF MY BODY IS BECAUSE WE ARE DEALING WITH SOMETHING SORT OF RARE CALLED ATYPICAL GLANDULAR CELLS. GLANDULAR CELLS ARE IN OTHER ORGANS IN THE BODY AND CAN SOMETIMES MANIFEST THEMSELVES ON A PAP IF THE CANCER IS SOMEPLACE ELSE THAT PRODUCES GLANDULAR CELLS. I KNOW IT SOUNDS CRAZY, BUT I DID SO MUCH RESEARCH THAT I HAVE MADE MYSELF CRAZY AND I DO UNDERSTAND WHAT HE IS SAYING BUT JUST WONDERED IF ANYONE WHO EVER HAD THIS RARE TYPE OF ABNORMAL PAP COULD SHED SOME LIGHT. THANKS!

Closed Thread