It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2007, 04:21 AM   #1
(female)

lam2703 HB User
pregnancy after LEEP

I am having a LEEP on the 20th of this month (moderate dysplaysia). I have never had one before! If all goes well, I would like to try to get pregnant this summer. You may remember reading my previous posts...I'm really anxious to get myself taken care of to the point where I can have at least one child.

I realize that the LEEP doesn't have an effect on fertility and if need be they can sew the cervix. I also realize that the more time your cervix has to heal post LEEP the less chance of a miscarriage. I asked my dr. how long I should wait to ttc after the LEEP and she didn't have an answer for me. She said her previous patient asked the same question and she would look into it.

I am 25 years old, living a healthy lifestyle. I eat healthy and workout 5-6 times a week. Is 4 months post LEEP a good bit of time to have a baby or should I try to wait longer to allow my cervix to heal further.

Any recommendations based on your experience would be appreciated.

Thank You!

Old 02-07-2007, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

jamieleigh HB User
Re: pregnancy after LEEP

I had my leep in aug of 2004 the doctor took 50% ( this is what she told me) I wasnt planning on having any more children - she said that if i did get pregnant my chances of a miscarriage were more likely than to carry to term. june of 2005 I found out I was pregnant and carried full term with no problems. In my opinion I would at least wait till my 6 month check up and ask your doctor how every thing looks and if it looks as if it has heeled 100% - my ob doctor said she couldnt tell I even had a leep done (if you can tell during a pap or not - I dont know).

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-07-2007, 09:47 PM   #3
(female)

Gloria72 HB User
Question Re: pregnancy after LEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieleigh View Post
I had my leep in aug of 2004 the doctor took 50% ( this is what she told me) I wasnt planning on having any more children - she said that if i did get pregnant my chances of a miscarriage were more likely than to carry to term. june of 2005 I found out I was pregnant and carried full term with no problems. In my opinion I would at least wait till my 6 month check up and ask your doctor how every thing looks and if it looks as if it has heeled 100% - my ob doctor said she couldnt tell I even had a leep done (if you can tell during a pap or not - I dont know).
Hi Jamie,

I had around the same amount of cervix removed and I am planning on having a child. Did you have a normal post pap after LEEP? I had my 4 month pap after LEEP and it came back abnormal (mild). My Dr said it was normal because it may still be healing and the cells are still changing.

Did you have a CONE/LEEP or just the LEEP? I was to have a LEEP and after the LEEP results came back it said CONE Biopsy by loop excision. What does that mean? Do you think I still have a chance at carring to full term? Did you have to be on bed rest?

I am waiting for a while to try for a baby. I want to make sure I am alright with normal paps..Also give my cervix more time to heal and grow back some. This is so worry some for me, as I'm 34 now. I don't want to wait too long.
Your answers will be a big help.
Thanks
GLo

Old 02-09-2007, 09:53 PM   #4
(female)

kittykatmommy HB User

hi lam2703,
i will tell you that i had a cone biopsy and was also worryed about if i would be able to have kids after, heres how it went....

in late july i went to a new doctor with my nerves raw and scared to death, i had had abnormal paps since i was 16, im now 23. i had had a pap done while i was prego with my second kid back on 2004, but never followed up, and was scared straight by my uncle, so i went in and told the doctor right off the bat for what ever exam was needed after years of abnormal paps, they did a coloscopy, and found 3 areas of concern, so they biopsyed the spots and also did a pinch biopsy as well... they called me in about a week and a half later and set up a urgent appointmet. they told me i had first stage cancer, and that they wanted to do a cone biopsy in hopes they could remove it. i went in for surgery on august 16th, and they cut out half of my cervix...i went in for my check up and had told them when the bleeding stoped and that i had a period... that was it and they told me to come back in 5 or 6 months... i found out i was prego on october 30th, its been hard with alot of worry, but i just had another pap on tuesday, at 19 weeks prego...

i do hope you will wait, but i will say that i heard leeps were not quite as bad as a cone, but i wish you the best, i hope that my pap comes back well this next week, but im chewing off my nails. good luck and i wish you the best....

Old 02-10-2007, 09:28 PM   #5
(female)

Gloria72 HB User
Question Re: pregnancy after LEEP

Quote:
Originally Posted by kittykatmommy View Post
hi lam2703,
i will tell you that i had a cone biopsy and was also worryed about if i would be able to have kids after, heres how it went....

in late july i went to a new doctor with my nerves raw and scared to death, i had had abnormal paps since i was 16, im now 23. i had had a pap done while i was prego with my second kid back on 2004, but never followed up, and was scared straight by my uncle, so i went in and told the doctor right off the bat for what ever exam was needed after years of abnormal paps, they did a coloscopy, and found 3 areas of concern, so they biopsyed the spots and also did a pinch biopsy as well... they called me in about a week and a half later and set up a urgent appointmet. they told me i had first stage cancer, and that they wanted to do a cone biopsy in hopes they could remove it. i went in for surgery on august 16th, and they cut out half of my cervix...i went in for my check up and had told them when the bleeding stoped and that i had a period... that was it and they told me to come back in 5 or 6 months... i found out i was prego on october 30th, its been hard with alot of worry, but i just had another pap on tuesday, at 19 weeks prego...

i do hope you will wait, but i will say that i heard leeps were not quite as bad as a cone, but i wish you the best, i hope that my pap comes back well this next week, but im chewing off my nails. good luck and i wish you the best....
Hi Kitty,

I would be scared too if I became prego right now. I had my surgery on August 8th. How many weeks along are you? Did you have a stitch ( I don't know the right word, sorry) on your cervix? Are you on bed rest? Did your margins come back clear? Sorry for all the questions I just am very concerned. I really hope the best for you and your baby. I would love to have a baby right now, but I will wait.

Please keep posting.
Your onfo will help so much.

Take care
Glo

Old 02-16-2007, 07:11 PM   #6
(female)

kittykatmommy HB User

right now i am 21 weeks and yes my margins came back clear, no i have not had a stich done, but i just started spoting today, i have a doctor that has not been doing anything really, i am in alittle more pain cramping wise from it, but thats it, i was origanaly told i would be on bedrest or get the stich by 19 weeks, but this doctor didnt even give me a exam untill 19 weeks and 4 days... im looking to switch doctors soon, but in the mean time i have takin it easy. i have a almost 5 year old with autism so you can imagin i cant just keep my feet up all day. i just found out its a girl, and have set up the room in readyness, i do have to worry about preterm labor, but as i said i plan on switching docs soon...

Closed Thread