It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2007, 02:13 AM   #1
(female)

Lauri8 HB User
A good news story

Hi there

Quick history one me:
December 2003 LEEP for CINIII, June 2004 follow up pap normal, January 2005 follow up pap normal, January 2006 follow up pap normal. I am delighted to say that the pap I just had in January has come back normal as well.

I wanted to post this good news to reassure anyone out there who has just had or is going to have LEEP for CINIII - there is light at the end of the tunnel. Please do not listen to any scaremongering.

Sure there are some negative stories out there, but for the majority of women, LEEP takes care of the problem and there is no recurrence.

Since my LEEP I have followed a healthy balanced diet with lots of fresh fruit and vegetables and ensure I get plenty of early nights! I also take the following vitamins: B6, B12, Vitamin E, Vitamin C, Zinc, Folic Acid, Selenium & Cod Liver Oil.

I wish everyone all the very best - you are all in my prayers. Love & Peace x

Old 02-09-2007, 08:07 AM   #2
(female)

fairydust7 HB User
Re: A good news story

Congratulations! I am really happy for you that everything has continued to come back clear! And thanks for the advice on what you have been doing post - leep. I was actually going to post and ask what all can be done to help our bodies fight cell changes, thanks for posting that!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2007, 02:17 PM   #3
(female)

keller234 HB User

Thanks so much for your encouragement, I go for my colpo on tuesday and I am a nervous wreck. I never had an abnormal pap in 30 years, and I am just scared. Your post means a lot to me!!

Old 02-09-2007, 04:21 PM   #4
(female)

lam2703 HB User

I also want to thank you for sharing. My first pap is scheduled for Feb. 20th and it certainly helps hearing things like this knowing my appt. is just around the corner!

Could you share how much/how many times a day of each vitamin you are taking? I definitely want to start taking something! By the way, is folic acid only available with a prescription? And I thought I heard too much B12 is a bad thing? If you take those mentioned above does that mean you nix the daily vitamin? Obviously, you can tell I'm very interested in hearing more! Anything you can share would be great.

I hope my appts. post leep are as good as yours!

Old 02-09-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
(female)

Aryes517 HB User

Thats wonderful news!

Here's to good results for all of us

Old 02-10-2007, 09:42 PM   #6
(female)

Gloria72 HB User

That's so great to hear! You can't imagins how much your words of incouragement mean to us. Thank you soooo much.

Hope the same happens for all us.

And yes how many vits a day and much of each?

God bless you and yours

Old 02-23-2007, 04:54 PM   #7
(female)

keller234 HB User

Laurie, I would like to ask if your doc or his nurse called you with the good news. I got a call today but I wasn't home and now i have to wait until monday to call her back. this has really upset me for the weekend, since I think it has to be bad news. Had my colposcopy on the 13th, he said he only saw one questionable area and to come back for a pap in three months. Now the call, they don't usually call unless it's something bad or do they??
What a way to ruin my weekend. Anyone else out there get a call for good news??
K

Old 02-25-2007, 10:24 AM   #8
(female)

luzon HB User
Smile Re: A good news story

Thank you for sharing your good news . I had a cone biopsy done three weeks ago for CIN 111 .I am eating well ,taking vitamins doing reiki and trying to be optimistic ,stories like yours are a great help and give us all hope .

Many thanks and continued good health.

Old 02-25-2007, 11:09 AM   #9
(female)

88Shadow HB User

K.

My doctor always calls me with the results of the colposcopy. Both times it was mild dysplasia and we didn't do further treatment - just a follow up pap. So the news doesn't have to be horrible for them to call. I KNOW how stressful it is but please try not to stress (easier said than done.) If you've got a cell phone, I'd give them that for future use and let them know that they need to leave a message on there with the results. I don't think doctors (or nurses) have a clue how horrible the waiting is. It's up to us as patients going through this to educate them!

Old 02-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #10
(female)

keller234 HB User

Hah, that's what's so irritating, is that I gave them my cell phone, and they somehow found my old number in the chart and called that, But good news anyway. Results are back. Just inflammation, pap in 3 months. However, after reading these boards I know that this can hang around for a long time. In the mean time, I am eating really healthy, have lost 18 pounds since Jan2 and taking my vitamins and supplements. And keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks for your support, I feel so relieved now
K

Closed Thread