It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2007, 08:43 AM   #1
(female)

lam2703 HB User
just had my first LEEP

I agree with the other posts that I have read...it wasn't that bad! It was just hard going into it and not knowing what to expect. It helped that my dr. clearly explained each step along the way.

The whole procedure took about 15 minutes. The anesthesia was like a slight pinch and a slight burn the first time it was injected. The second and third time, I felt nothing but my heart immediately started to race which scared me a lot! My dr. told me that was normal and after a few slow, deep breaths it slowed down. She also said ringing in the ears is normal, but I didn't experience it!

While she scraped away the cervix, I felt a little bit of pressure, not a lot. I felt some minor twitches in my legs/knees but nothing noticeable or it may have been me just thinking about it!

It really was over pretty quickly and not too much different than a colposcopy.

I should have the results in 2 weeks. When I asked about what to expect from here, she said as long as the results did notice anything different than the colposcopy, which was mild dysplaysia, we would just wait for the next pap in about 3 months while new cells hopefully come back normal. The only way we would have to go on to another procedure would be if it came back as carcinoma in situ which according to her, "we have no reason to believe this will be the case" since cervical cancer is so slow in developing and I just slightly progressed from mild to moderate that chance that it jumped to cancer would be very, very slim. She was very optimistic and ensured me that everything would be okay.

I hope she is right! I would really like to try to have a baby this summer if all goes well from here. I feel like I need to while I can. I can't help but think my chances may decrease if things were to get worse down the line. Even though my dr. said again, with me just having moderate I will most likely be perfectly fine to have a baby in a year or two if that's what I really wanted to do. I am 25 and married and my sister is going to be trying this summer. Part of me thinks it would be neat to go through it together since we're so close, although I do see my health as my number one priority right now! I guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and like most others...wait and see!

Hugs to all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2007, 09:00 AM   #2
(female)

luzon HB User
Re: just had my first LEEP

It sounds like everything will be fine . Good luck I hope that your problems will be over and you will have that wanted child.

Wishing you the very best of health
Miri

Old 03-06-2007, 09:58 AM   #3
(female)

lam2703 HB User
Re: just had my first LEEP

Thank you Miri!

Closed Thread