It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2007, 08:32 AM   #1
(female)

Lauren55 HB User
Adenocarcinoma in-situ (now endometrial cells present)

I had my cone back in November and had clear margins. I had my first follow up pap in February and just found out last night that I had endometrial cells on my pap. The oncologist now wants me to come back next month for another pap. I have read that endometrial cells on a pap are common for young people (I am only 27) so then why is the oncologist insisting I come back so soon for another check-up? I am all worried and stressed out again. Has anyone else had this problem with their pap?

Old 03-08-2007, 03:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

karen32 HB User
Re: Adenocarcinoma in-situ (now endometrial cells present)

Hi Lauren,

I think it is good the gyn-onc is doing a follow up sooner than later. It is likely nothing, but better to check and make sure, right? It is probably because of your history of ais, and he is just making sure things are okay. Were you close to menstruating before that pap? Perhaps that is why the cells showed up? Try not to worry too much (I know, I know, easier said than done....), and let us know how things go.

Karen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-09-2007, 07:30 AM   #3
(female)

Lauren55 HB User

Karen,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I got my last pap right after my period and I asked the oncologist if it was ok to get a pap and he said yes. So I guess that the cells are probably from that but it is quite frustrating. I just wanted a clear pap and now I have something else... you know? I will keep you posted.

Lauren

Old 03-09-2007, 08:18 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

marymk HB User

Hi Lauren,

I've had the same thing happen. I've always had normal pap's, but a year ago I had the report say - benign endormetrial cells present. Well, since I had it done at the GP, she sent me to a gyn. This scared the heck out of me, but I guess she wanted to be sure everything was OK.
I was also on the last day of my period - not much flowing, but still blood up there. I was 47, so I guess considering my age, the gyn did an endometrial biopsy - everything was fine. I think if your through menopause, the endometrial cells shouldn't be there.
She then said that she considered my pap to be normal - but doing the biopsy gave the all clear for anything 'ugly' going on. I was also having a bit of heady bleeding also, so that's probably another reason for the biopsy.

Mary

Closed Thread