It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-21-2007, 10:53 AM   #1
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User
Colposcopy and watery discharge?

For those of you here that have had a colposcopy, did you experience a very watery discharge in the days following the procedure? I tried doing some research on the matter and the only thing I can find is that LEEP causes a watery discharge. So, is this normal? I'm getting worried that the colpo only made my bacterial vaginosis worse (I have a pretty resistant strain, it seems. I'm on my third round of antibiotics to knock this stuff out). :'( I'm leaking brown water all in my underwear. I know the brown is from the chunks of flesh he took but I'm afraid the watery discharge is a result of the colpo worsening my bv. I also was wondering when I'm going to stop smelling. Its been three days and I still smell very strongly of iodine.

Last edited by ebon_aurora; 05-21-2007 at 04:04 PM.

Old 05-21-2007, 04:13 PM   #2
(female)

FibiGrey HB User
Re: Colposcopy and watery discharge?

I got an intense BV after I had my leep procedure, and it sounds like what you have. I had watery brown discharge that had a foul odor to it. I had to wear pantiliners until the antibiotics kicked in... I'd go get it checked out to make sure the BV isn't worse

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #3
(female)

ebon_aurora HB User

Did you clear the bv for good though? Or are you a constant sufferer like so many women out there are? What antibiotics were you given? I just started a 14 day course of Flagyl.

[Edit] It turns out that my watery discharge probably wasn't discharge at all. Its been three days since my colpo and it turns out that I am bleeding! I called the doctor and he told me that if its bright red (it is, which is exactly why I called in the first place) and it hasn't stopped by tomorrow, to come in and they'll have to "retreat" me. God...I hate my vagina.

Last edited by ebon_aurora; 05-21-2007 at 04:59 PM.

Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #4
(female)

FibiGrey HB User

i cleared the BV.. I dont get BV very often, I've only had it a few times ever.. I got something at planned parent hood that started with an M..i forget what it was..It was only a 7 day treatment..

good luck with the discharge..hopefully it works out okay.

Closed Thread