It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2007, 09:06 PM   #1
(female)

Erikaaaaa HB User
Adnexal Mass

Hi there. I'm 37 years old & had a pap smear & pelvic exam on Monday. The physician's asst. who did my pelvic said she felt something on/near my left ovary & is sending me for an ultrasound tomorrow. I'm just wondering if anybody has ever heard of this & if it could possibly lead to ovarian cancer. I don't have symptoms of anything and have NEVER had an abnormal pap, pelvic or even a cyst on an ovary. I'm kinda scared. We don't have any kids yet because we just got married 3 years ago & were going to try this fall.
If anybody has experience with an "adnexal mass" please let me know. Thanks!

Old 07-12-2007, 10:52 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

anxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB User
Re: Adnexal Mass

I had an adnexal Mass show up on a CT Scan which was ordered for another reason. Doctors never even mentioned it to me. I asked what the heck it was when I finally got the CT report. No doctor was even concerned. My ob said it probably was ovulation. I have a history of ovarian cyst. However, my last pelvic ultrasound was clear. No adnexal mass, no cyst. I hope this helps to ease your stress. Good Luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-12-2007, 01:25 PM   #3
(female)

Erikaaaaa HB User

Thank you so much for the info. I don't have ANY history of cysts or any type of problems in that region of the body. No history of cancer in the family either, as far as I know. I've been fortunate enough to be an extremely healthy individual all of my life (knock on wood). Even through childhood I was rarely sick, was never hospitalized, and haven't broken a single bone in my body! :-) I hope my luck continues and my ultrasound comes back clear. I'm going for it later today & will post what I find out. Thanks again! :-)

Old 07-12-2007, 05:42 PM   #4
(female)

Erikaaaaa HB User

So I'm back from my ultrasound (pelvic & transvaginal), it went fine, no pain or discomfort at all. But drat the luck! I didn't know that they wouldn't tell you your results then & there! I thought the person doing it would tell me but they said that a radiologist has to review it & then they contact my doctor's office & I should be hearing from them tomorrow. Of course tomorrow's Friday & they probably won't have my results so I'll have to sit & worry all weekend. :-( The good part is that they said they didn't see anything that required emergency attention. The guy even asked if I was there for my right ovary & I said, "NO, my left one." So hopefully that means he didn't see anything on the left side.
I'll let you all know what happens as soon as I find out. Take Care.
Erika

Old 07-17-2007, 04:02 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

anxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB User

Erikaaa-

Did you get the results from your pelvic ultrasound? Hope it went well.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:22 PM   #6
(female)

Erikaaaaa HB User

I just got them today & was about to post it when I saw your message.

The doctor said it was a cyst filled with blood. He said that those can happen during your cycle & they're common. He also said they can clear up on their own & he wants me to get another ultrasound in 2 months or after 2 more menstrual cycles. He said for sure that it wasn't cancer! Thank goodness! I was very scared.

Thanks for asking & replying. Take care.

Last edited by Erikaaaaa; 07-17-2007 at 06:22 PM.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:41 PM   #7
(female)

nemt7514 HB User

hi there...i also had a doc appt for a yearly physical / pap smear on tuesday of last week and my doctor told me she couln't feel my right ovary. then when she gave me my papers to go get an ultrasound, which by the way then can't get me in until tomorrow morning, the papers said "large mass in adnexa".. I am freaking out. everything that i have read online points to ovarian cancer but there is no family history. however i have had some of the symptoms.. really tired all the time, feeling of fullness in my abdomen, and a lot of indigestion which i thought that i had an ulcer because i have had them before...if anyone has any advice out there please let me know...i am going crazy about this and kinda frustrated that my doctor didn't tell me more even though i was telling her about all the symtoms.

Closed Thread