It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2007, 03:52 AM   #1
(female)

smith77 HB User
excercise after LEEP?

Hi Ladies

i am just after some advise please ladies. Just wondering how soon I can exsercise after LEEP procedure?

Also would I be well enough to go for a nice long walk to the shops (2.5miles).

It will be 4 weeks tomorrow since my LEEP! I would ask my dr but I havent been able to get hold of him and my check up isnt until 6months so any advise would be so much apprecaited.

x

Old 07-18-2007, 04:45 AM   #2
(female)

becks77 HB User
Re: excercise after LEEP?

aslong as you pace yourself you should be fine with a walk the shops.

most gynos recommend that you avoid heavy exercise and lifting fro four weeks which yous ay you have just reached....so just watch how much shopping you buy ;-)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-18-2007, 10:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Hi Smith! It sounds like there is no solid answer on this. However, I had my LEEP done one week ago and worked out yesterday with cardio, abs and light weights totalling about a 2 hr workout. All was good! No issues whatsoever. However, other ladies have worked out 2 weeks post-LEEP and experienced bleeding. I have seen many ladies get clearance after a month so you should be all set to go! Just listen to your body and if anything feels off take a rest.

Old 07-18-2007, 04:23 PM   #4
(female)

joski22 HB User

Hi there Smith!

Four weeks - you should be good to go (depending how your recovery has been going). If you are still bleeding I would maybe hold off a little longer.

Let us know how it goes!! Good luck!

Joski

Old 07-24-2007, 11:21 AM   #5
(female)

jdub4040 HB User

My doctor had told me it was okay to exercise on the Friday after my Wednesday LEEP (last week). Here's what I've done so far:

Friday: 30 minutes light weights, 20 minutes elliptical easy
Saturday: walk the dog for about 20 minutes
Sunday: normal 3 mile run
Monday: 30 minutes heavy weights/lunges, 20 minute brisk walk, and 30 minute run
Tuesday: I plan on doing a 45 minute spin class tonight.

So far I am fine. I have only had the watery discharge and a tiny bit of brownish blood, but not regularly. I go tomorrow for my follow up visit. I will ask my doctor how much she took in the LEEP as I feel this may explain why I've been able to exercise fairly normal (that she didn't take much).

Old 07-24-2007, 11:26 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

Hi JD. My doctor basically told me to only wait a few days as well. I started to lightly work out 5 days after my LEEP and was fine. Since then I have returned to weights (upper and lower body) abs, and cardio--typically about 2.5 hrs of working out. As of today its been two weeks since my procedure and I have been fine outside of the watery discharge. So strange that some docs say to wait 4 wks and others just a few days.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #7
(female)

marie32 HB User

I wonder if the variation in dr recommendations has to do with how much is removed and probably b/c different people heal differently. My DR initially said 2-4 weeks, and today after my follow up appt (one week later--I had Fischer Cone Biopsy) she said I could ease back in and be good to go in one more week (so, two weeks total), but still being cautious of heavy lifting and jarring activities.

Old 07-24-2007, 12:52 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

k2626 HB User

I have no clue, but am very curious. When I asked my doctor that same question, or if it had to do w whether the tissue is up in the canal or not she looked at me as though I had 5 heads and replied, think of it as when you skin your knee. Who knows! I think its better to be on the safe side than to jump into anything though. Although, I kinda jumped into it, whoops.

Closed Thread