It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-25-2007, 12:22 PM   #1
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User
Thumbs up Hi everyone-I have good news

I called up the doctors office and spoke to the head nurse there-to inquire about my biopsy results and she put me on hold after asking for my social security # an dob-(I guess to make sure I am who I say I am) and she told me the doctor was a little busy at the moment but she said my results came back normal-it did not show any abnormality/no dysplasia-but of course have to come back in 6 months. I am going in tomorrow or Friday to sign a waiver so I can get copies of my report. I am so happy and relieved right now but also in disbelieve-I asked her 3 x's is she sure she is talking about me-she laughed and said it was nice to hear me happy.

I just don't understand how biopsy came out normal when obviously she saw a spot to biopsy-oh well-I am happy for now.

Old 07-25-2007, 12:30 PM   #2
(female)

gorgikin HB User
Re: Hi everyone-I have good news

That is wonderful Kimie, I am sooooooooooo happy for you I hope you can get more answers from the report, but in the meantime, treat yourself to some fun ...that is great news!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-25-2007, 12:36 PM   #3
(female)

Aryes517 HB User

Great News!

Old 07-25-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
(female)

becks77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimiesoscared View Post
I called up the doctors office and spoke to the head nurse there-to inquire about my biopsy results and she put me on hold after asking for my social security # an dob-(I guess to make sure I am who I say I am) and she told me the doctor was a little busy at the moment but she said my results came back normal-it did not show any abnormality/no dysplasia-but of course have to come back in 6 months. I am going in tomorrow or Friday to sign a waiver so I can get copies of my report. I am so happy and relieved right now but also in disbelieve-I asked her 3 x's is she sure she is talking about me-she laughed and said it was nice to hear me happy.

I just don't understand how biopsy came out normal when obviously she saw a spot to biopsy-oh well-I am happy for now.
good news on yoru biopsy but ensure you go back for yoru follow ups: i say that cos mine in november was all clear,a nd then in may i showed severe dysplasia, had a leep juen and taht came back moderate, so it really can change that fast!

for now tho just relax and enjoy yoruself :-)

Last edited by becks77; 07-25-2007 at 11:39 PM.

Old 07-25-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
(female)

kimiesoscared HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by becks77 View Post
good news on yoru biopsy but ensure you go back for yoru follow ups: i say that cos mine in november was all clear,a nd then in may i showed severe dysplasia, had a leep juen and taht came back mild, so it really can change that fast!

for now tho just relax and enjoy yoruself :-)

I will definitely follow up and funnily enough I thought I would be alot happier-but I am very aware that with HPV there is a cloud above my head that will always be there to remind me to go for check ups because things can change. Though I am relieved-this whole thing took a toll on me and instead of feeling exhilerated I feel pooped. I truly thought I would be jumping up and down but for some reason this experience has really scared me and made me realize that I can no longer go 3+ years without a pap just because I feel fine. If my insurance would cover monthly paps I probably would do it-nah maybe not that may be a bit much.

Old 07-25-2007, 02:02 PM   #6
(female)

katyma3 HB User

congratulations!!! I like you feel like there's a cloud over me...don't ignore it, because it will keep you going back for you check ups...On the same note...don't let it control you either...Enjoy your life!!

Old 07-26-2007, 09:31 AM   #7
(female)

LAgirl81 HB User

Hi Kimie!

This is wonderful news! I know what you mean about how you should feel more relieved but knowing that you have HPV will mean you have to be more vigilant about your check-ups.

And regarding why they biopsied you even though you didn't end up having dysplasia-- this happened to me too for the past 3 years. I had two biopsies (one in 2005, the other in 2006) and both came back benign, no dysplasia. But this year (2007) it came back as mild/mod dysplasia. So I know what you mean about having the cloud over my head. Even though I was relieved getting my benign biopsy results the last two years, I knew that it could change, and it did! But you know what? Just going through all this has made me so more conscious of my health and what I can do to be proactive about it.

So it's great to hear you'll be keeping up with regular check-ups (I think it'll be every 6 months for you, right?) BUT also make sure to BOOST YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM. I wish I had started my health regimen last year when I got my benign biopsy results but sometimes we need a little wake-up call (like dysplasia) to get in gear health-wise. So my only advice to you is to try everything possible (health-wise) to suppress the virus so you won't be needing more biopsies in the future. Start taking supplements, exercise, eat right, etc etc and hopefully by your next pap it'll be normal!

So go relax and have fun-- congrats on the benign results!

Closed Thread