It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #1
(female)

evert9 HB User
LEEP Tomorrow - what to expect afterwards?

Hi ladies -

The day is now here. I have my LEEP tomorrow. I'm already taking Xanax to help me sleep this week and I'm scared to death. DH is going with me so hopefully that will help. What should I be expecting when I come home? Will I be in pain? Cramps? Lots of bleeding (I assume)? What should I expect this weekend? I don't have anything planned other than hanging out with friends and sitting in one place.

Any recommendations on how to help speed up the healing process? Thanks for your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2007, 06:52 AM   #2
(female)

mom2nik2002 HB User
Re: LEEP Tomorrow - what to expect afterwards?

If you are going under general anesthesia, expect to be groggy when you go home for the rest of the day and, possibly the next. You'll feel a little weak regardless of what anesthesia was used and you should rest for the next couple days and take it really easy for a few more days after. You might have some cramping--I only had mild cramping and I had a VERY aggressive LEEP cone. I bled for 3 weeks after (about the amount of a heavy period) but, again, my LEEP cone was aggressive so, if yours isn't going to be as aggressive or if you aren't having a cone with the LEEP, you might not bleed as much or for as long. As always, bleeding that soaks more than a pad per hour should be reported to your doctor ASAP! Take it easy this weekend. I'd actually take it pretty easy for the next week. Follow your post-surgical instructions to the letter. Your body will know if you are doing too much--you'll likely start bleeding heavier if you are overextending yourself.

HTH! GL! It REALLY isn't as bad as your mind is making it out to be! Let us know how things are going when you are rested up and feeling better!
Emma Leigh 12/26/06

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread