It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-08-2007, 02:07 PM   #1
(female)

jenkpixton HB User
how fast does mild dysplasia grow

how fast does mild dysplasia grow? I found out that once again I have mild dysplasia in the begining of 06. I had it in 02 and had a leep. In 1/06 I found out I have it again and have been unable to go to the doctor because I don't have the money. I would like to know around about how fast it grows because I am begining to get concerned. I am unble to get to the doctor until tax time. I am scared that it might be at severe.

Last edited by jenkpixton; 10-10-2007 at 06:03 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2007, 07:09 PM   #2
(female)

casie1984 HB User
Re: how fast does mild dysplasia grow

Well, I am not a pro, but I would think you should be ok until then. Most of the cases I have heard about take between a year and a half to two or three years to turn into cancer. However in April 06 I had a normal pap, and I had my last one last month, and it has gone from nothing to HGSIL. i had my culpo and biopsies done today, and the dr said I have a lot of the bad cells. I will have to be put to sleep to try and remove them with the LEEP. I have a very aggressive form of HPV though, so thats why mine is progressing so quickly. If you dont have the HPV, then you should be ok until you get the money saved up, just do it as soon as possible!! Good luck and best wishes with everything!!
Casie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-08-2007, 07:24 PM   #3
(female)

jenkpixton HB User

Yea I have HPV. I've had it since I was 17 and I'm almost 25. I don't know if it's aggressive though. When I had the 1st leep I was awake. They gave me 2 pills one I think was vicadon and the other one was xzanax. Then the lovely lidocain in the cervix. I know they say I have a higher risk of constantly getting the dyspiasia. Basically making it sound like every few years that I will have it.

Old 10-09-2007, 05:39 AM   #4
(female)

Stacey3568 HB User

I am not a pro either, but based on my experience, I do not think it is a good idea to wait. I had a pap smear in June which showed LGSIL and a LEEP in July which showed CINIII with unclear margins. I too have been dealing with this issue for years and decided to have a TAH to hopefully put an end to all the problems.......I am done having children.......My biopsy results after surgery showed that there were remaining CINIII cells within my cervix, after LEEP, so the decision to go with the TAH was a good one. I am not trying to scare you, everyone is different.......but you are very young and need to stay on top of this issue.
Stacey

Old 10-09-2007, 04:58 PM   #5
(female)

lah23 HB User

I am not a pro either, but I wouldn't wait. I was diagnosed with HPV during the summer of 2006, but my pap was normal. When I went back for a pap a year later, they found out I had adenocarcinoma in-situ (a step just below cancer). I don't want to scare you, AIS is on the rare side, but I still would get checked out sooner rather than later. Can your doctor maybe arrange a payment plan?

Old 10-09-2007, 05:16 PM   #6
(female)

jenkpixton HB User

I have an appt in Dec that I made today for a clinic that goes by income, evevn though I don't want to but I have no choice. I really like my doctor. My doc for a pap its 175, the biopsy is 300 and the leep is 900. Hopefully with this clinic it won't be that much. I am just scared you know.. I've read that mild dyspilaisa can go way on its own, unless I mis read. I wish I had health insurance last time it only cost me 300 for everything. I tell ya HPV sure come with problems no wonder they made that vaccine. My 2 girls will definetly get that shot once they are older so they don't have to have these problems. It sucks because I can be brave for my children but I can't be brave for myself.

Old 10-09-2007, 10:31 PM   #7
(female)

lyn75 HB User

With good diet, try to ease your stress. Cervical cancer will be beat, easily.
The question is not how long, it's how can I? The evidence is easily found on the net. DIET is the big thing, besides stress and smoking. I'm of course not an expert either. BUT, I do know first hand what stress can do. Believe it that, it won't "fix" anything any faster nor will it get you free from this. I know, easier said then done. I was here 2 yrs or so ago with the same worries, same questions. I did my research, and then some. I over did it. I had a hard time at work ect. My point is, let the doc do his job. And you do yours. Try to spoil yourself, a good warm bubble bath with good music, or whatever.

Mild dysplasia can be "fixed". It CAN!

Old 10-10-2007, 08:25 AM   #8
(female)

casie1984 HB User

I totally agree that you really shouldnt wait to get this done, but if you have to, I hope it will be ok. I would definately say to try and get as healthy as you possibly can right now, and stay that way. I have been doing a lot of research, and most poeple say to take vitamins, eat really healthy, exercise, dont smoke- which is something I am going to have to work on now. I got some nicorette, so maybe I will quit soon... Just do anything and everything you can to get healthy, and maybe it will get the HPV to go away, or unactive- since it never actually goes away...
I had my culpo on Monday, and I am supposed to get a call today with my results, so I am a nervous wreck right now. I think I am going to go and clean my house since I have a ton of family coming in this weekend, not the best time for me to be having a bunch of company, but it was planned before I found out about all of this. Well it will pass the time too! Good luck !!

Closed Thread