I am assuming that incomplete excision means positive margins. Do you know what grade of CIN extended beyond the margins? If its CIN II-III they usually do more treatment. I had CIN III with clear margins, but CIN I which extended beyond the margins. They did a repeat pap, not even a colposcopy, three and a half months after my LEEP. Six months seems kinda far out, but may be the norm with your doctor's office. If your not entirely comfortable with how they are choosing to handle your situation, I would recommend getting a second opinion. My doctor just told me at the time I had clear margins. It wasn't until I switched to a new insurance & doctor over a year later, that I got copies of everything & found out that technically my margins weren't clear. I was told they do not worry as much about CIN I past the margins as they do CIN II-III. The theory is the excision process usually destroys any remaining bad tissue, and CIN I is less likely to progress. Personally, my mind is not totally at ease with that theory. I can see the first part of it, but the second half is assinine in my opinion if a person has already been diagnosed with CIN III & high risk HPV. They simply don't know for sure, and it seems they are taking a risk even if small, which does not sit right with me. Anyways, based on my own experiences I would recommend getting copies of EVERYTHING you get done if you don't already to read for yourself...and get a second opinion if something just doesn't seem right.
the histopathology said 'cin3 at the lateral border, hence incomplete excision'
When I first had LEEP it was ? invasive and on colposcopy the consultant wrote down that he thought it was invasive....1st LEEP
NO EVIDENCE OF STROMAL INVASION IDENTIFIED, BUT HIGH RISK FEATURE FOR INVASION PRESENT IN FORM OF DYSKERATOTIC AND PARAKERATOTIC MATERIAL IN CENTRAL AREA OF INVOLVED CRYPTS.
I'm sure the consultant knows what he's doing, and its protocol...but if I had invasive signs and with second leep CIN3 was quoted as being at the lateral border, then six months seems a long time to be uncertain????
It sounds like you have been through a great deal already. I have to say considering your results, I concur, six months seems too long to wait with such uncertainty. You do have the right to request to be seen sooner, and given the circumstances unless he can give you a medical reason why six months would be preferable I would definately consider doing so. If he isn't willing, perhaps a second opinion is in order.
Big hugs to you, please keep us posted on how you are doing!
thanks cyn...think i'll ring my GP up and see what he says....my aunty died from cervical cancer (well, that's where it started, it spread) because an 'expert' misdiagnosed her and cervical cancer travelled to lymph nodes etc....I have faith in doctors but because of my aunty I'm cautious....
six months seems a hell of along time to wait to see if i'm in the clear :-(