It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
(female)

msremi HB User
Questions for those diagnosed with Cervical Cancer

Hello:

I had a LEEP in Jan '07 with unclear margins and continue to get LGSIL paps, although nothing is visible on my cervix. I have bleeding every month, even with sex, but the doctors want to see if my body will clear this. My question is to those of you diagnosed with cervical cancer...For those of you that had bleeding before your diagnosis, was there any pattern as to when you had bleeding and was the color always bright red or did you get brown watery discharge, muted color red? I am headed back for another pap, ECC, and whatever else they want to do, but the bleeding I continue to have really bothers me most. I would really appreciate anyone's comments/experiences with this.

Thank You,

msremi

Old 02-08-2008, 07:13 PM   #2
(female)

rotty HB User
Re: Questions for those diagnosed with Cervical Cancer

I was just diagnosed with cervical cancer. I have a very large tumor that went undetected for a long time. I was never diagnosed with dysplascia or anything. I had abnormal paps and tons of colpos with biopsies. Nothing ever came back with anything.

The tumor is on the inside of the cervix, supposedly a little harder to detect. The oncologist I went to found it in minutes by doing a rectal exam and feeling the cervix better. I don't know if you'd want to recommend that to your gyn but try to.

The bleeding I experienced started after a pap I had. It was really strange. The doc would touch the cervix even slightly and it would bleed. I started having bleeding during sex. That scared me. I googled it and guess what it is a symptom of cervical cancer. I did also have mucusy, water, and blood tinged discharge here and there. The blood is usually bright red.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-08-2008, 09:42 PM   #3
(female)

msremi HB User
Re: Questions for those diagnosed with Cervical Cancer

Rotty:

The bleeding I have been experiencing has been in the second half of my cycle only. It usually starts around day 20-21 and if I have intercourse during this time, there is a lot of blood. I also get a brown watery discharge during this time without the blood (when this occurs) and it smell horrible and then I continue to bleed (like day 4-5 of an average menstrual cycle). I am also having huge clots for one day of each period. My paps are LGSIL, even after a LEEP. I find it hard to believe this bleeding could be perimenopause because it occurs every month without fail.

Thanks for your post.

Closed Thread