It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 08:21 AM   #1
(female)

shannonb72 HB User
large mass on rt ovary

I was called with the results of my ct scan and they found a large mass on rt ovary...now im waiting for a call with an appt for ultrasound...i had hyster in sept 06, and they left my ovaries, but they had to remove cysts from my rt one....now, 17 months later i have a large mass....it has caused so much pain and discomfort...bladder problems, gastro/bowel problems, back pain, and even pain up under my ribs on rt side....colonoscopy came back neg for cancer, now just waiting for ultrasound.....thats all they told me "LARGE MASS ON RIGHT OVARY" ....I have been telling my husband that it feels like i am pregnant since nov, and he just laughed...now I know that there is something growing in there and hopefully i will deliver soon!!!!! trying to stay positive....I am a married 35 yrs old, mother of 4, oldest 17, youngest 7, been married 18 yrs......
anyone been in my shoes?

Old 02-06-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

painaway HB User
Re: large mass on rt ovary

Shannon...Aw, I'm so sorry you're going through this! Having had MANY ovarian cysts, I know exactly how you feel. You're thinking...what kind is it? Is it fluid-filled? Is it a chocolate cyst? Is it cancer? Girl, take a deep breath. It's probably nothing. There are so many types of cysts/masses that are benign, yet they cause undue stress and anxiety in women all over the world until they get that final "it's ok" diagnosis. If I were you, I would call my doc and ask SPECIFICALLY what the CT report said...so that we can research it further on here! It is YOUR RIGHT to be told what is in the report, and to even have a copy! I think it would help a lot, as the more info you have, the more empowered you feel! God bless, and I'll be praying for you!! Everything's going to be fine.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2008, 12:07 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
Re: large mass on rt ovary

Hi Shannon,

I know exactly how you feel. I had a hysterectomy in 2002, but kept both ovaries. In 2005, I was diagnosed with a complex cyst on my left ovary which was monitored for about six months, but was felt to not be cancerous.

In May of 2007, I was having a lot of pain and bowel problems, in addition to bloating, weight loss, fatigue, and like you, pain under my ribs (but on my left side.) An ultrasound showed a 4-cm complex, solid cyst again on my left ovary. I also had a 4-cm functional cyst on my right ovary.

My doctor recommended just having "what was left" of my ovaries removed (his words), so I had surgery on Dec. 19. (It was supposed to have been laparoscopic surgery, but due to adhesions and scar tissue, I ended up having to have an open procedure done.)

I recovered very quickly from the surgery, and it's such a relief to get rid of the pain and other symptoms I was having. I'm on the Vivelle Dot 0.1 mg transdermal patch and have had no problems with hot flashes or anything.

I hope you get some relief soon. I know how uncomfortable and worried you must be. Hang in there, okay? You're in my prayers.

Hugs,

Lisa

Closed Thread