It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-13-2008, 02:39 AM   #1
(female)

texan1771 HB User
Thumbs down This is For all the "new"readers who really need to see this

Hello this is going to be lenghty I apologize but have several points to make here.
My history I was digonosed in March 05 that I had stage2b cervical cancer.I was 34 at the time which is awful young for this type of cancer but not unheard of.I decided to seek the BEST in cancer care so I looked at my back door which is Houston Texas,I made a appointment and was seen in a VERY timely manner.They ran their own tests and decided the best course of treatment was 3 months of 5 times a week raditian and 2 and a half of low dose chemo 1 time a week and at the end of it all a bonus 2 internal raditian treatments!!!
Scared to death I did EVERYTHING completed all treatments,and was told I was cancer free WOO HOO!!! was I a happy camper the raditian was the worst of it burning my skin up and frying ALL my female parts which was explained to me now I will be childless BUT ALIVE good enough.
My last treatment was Sept.05

Well in October 05 I was feeling good and decided to get my life back I went back to work BUT then I started having problems in EARLY Nov.05 I was so constipated I went to a local ER and they gave me a prescribed laxative and sent me on my way. it continued by December I was a wreck I waited until after the holidays and in Jan.06 I went to the hospital I had been treated for cancer for ER and was given a enema then the dam broke!!!! I had dirrhea coming from my rear end and Vagina!!! I was sooooooo miserable so I went to the ER there again a week later they admitted me and 3 weeks later in the hospitial I was discharged sporting a colostomy and two urine bags attached to my back draining urine from my kidneys!!!!!
Raditian has destroyed my insides i have 2 fistulas a messed up bladder and colon and hopefully with prayers they will heal and this awfulness of all these bags will be reversed!!!!!!
I needed to vent and warn and advise to all
#1) Go get your annual pap WITHOUT fail and a pelvic exam at least every other year.(wish I had)

#2) If your faced with cancer research it completely raditian is VERY hard on you Please PLease Please think twice about it ( wish I had)

Now thanks for reading and PLEASE pray for me and my family we are tired,stressed and I am hoping all of this wii heal and no more surgeries or required EXCEPT to reverse the colostomy and pee bags in my back!!!!!

I appericate your time.
Ginger

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2008, 08:49 AM   #2
(female)

Daisy34 HB User
Smile Re: This is For all the "new"readers who really need to see this

Hi Ginger,

I'm sorry to hear how stressful things are for you. Your post was back in Febuary, i was curious to see if their have been any improvements or not? I'm going through a similiar thing, but alot earlier in. I have bordering moderate Displaysia, pre-cancerous cells. I've just started this whole process, and i'm already not ready for it all. I hope that you are doing better..and any advice you could give me would be great.

Take care,
Daisy (Jen)

Old 03-28-2008, 11:17 AM   #3
(female)

texan1771 HB User
Re: This is For all the "new"readers who really need to see this

Hello Daisy,
I am still waiting on my miracle to happen,I think I have hit a plateau in all of this,my ENTIRE pelvic region is infected
and it drains out of the vagina and smells HORRIFIC!!! But theres not much that can be done,so I am on the highest dose of Diluaid for pain and play the waiting game.............

Ok so you said you are just starting the process can you be more specific? treatment plan? Ill try to answer any of your questions...Take care,Ginger

Old 03-28-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
(female)

Daisy34 HB User
Unhappy Re: This is For all the "new"readers who really need to see this

Ginger,

Thanks for getting back to me...I'm sorry to hear that things haven't gotten better..but you know things always get better before they get really bad. What i meant by starting the process...was i had my yearly pap done... they found it to be abnormal. So i went in for a colposcopy, where she told me i had precancerous cells. I got news back a week later, finding it that i had bordering moderate Dysplasia. Now I'm waiting for 3 months for another pap, i also have another appointment with a different doctor for a second opinion. I have many questions that my Ob/gyn can't seem to answer, so i'm hoping with this other doctor (which specializes in the area) maybe i can get the answers i need. It's very scary for my family and I, my sister Amanda died of lymphoma.. Hope you have a good night. Take care.

Jen

Old 03-28-2008, 11:16 PM   #5
(female)

texan1771 HB User
Re: This is For all the "new"readers who really need to see this

Daisy,I am glad you caught it early!!! Thats awesome news,rest easy because treatment is a cinch,usually.One known vervical cancer fact: it is the Slowest of ALL cancers.Keep me posted and remember if you need ANY questions,I check this board twice daily take care,Ginger

Closed Thread