It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2008, 10:45 AM   #1
(female)

mlrl HB User
overian cancer menopause

i had breast cancer 3 years ago, the chemo has sent me into menopause. " months ago i stared bleeding my gyno done a ultra sound bulky uterus thickened endometrial lining 16.1mm. done endometrial curettage biopsies still waiting resaults. found a small simple cyst in left overy going back to have checked 7 weeks time. I was on tamoxifen for a year and the last 2 on arimidex. I am very worried that i again may have cancer, anyone out there please write to me if you have or know anyone who has been through the same sort of thing. I,m only 45 and its one thing after another.

Old 02-18-2008, 02:37 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User
Re: overian cancer menopause

Hello-

I am a breast cancer survivor of 1.5yrs but I have not been through your same experience. I know what you mean about one thing after another. - It seems with breast cancer, you get treatment and meds that cause other side effects, requiring further testing and intervention, and it never ends.

Hopefully your tests will turn out fine, but I can understand your fears. Here is what I've learned from another breast cancer site, about your concerns:

-Uterine cancer is rare, even among hormone positive breast cancer survivors.
Tamoxafin can cause some uterine thickening, but from what I understand this does not in any way necessarily mean you have cancer. It is true, that if you have taken tamoxafin, your risk of uterine ca doubles. However, it is from 1 in 1000 women to 2 in 1000 women. - and the risk is higher the longer you take it. In your case, you only took it one year, so that is a good thing.

-Simple ovarian cysts are common and rarely cancer. Complex ovarian cysts are more worrisome.

It is scary, but you are doing everything you can to stay on top of these concerns by having the proper tests and follow-up. Let us know how it turns out and best wishes to you.

Leea

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-18-2008, 02:58 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

leea1206 HB Userleea1206 HB User
Re: overian cancer menopause

Oops. - I see that I addressed mostly the uterine cancer issues, but this is the ovarian/cervical board.- Hope some of the info was helpful anyway.

Leea

Closed Thread