It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-21-2008, 03:47 PM   #1
(female)

lolo977 HB User
Cone tomorrow - new to boards.

Hi everyone. I am new to the boards. I've been reading and wonder if I can get some feedback on my situation. I've gotten regular paps since I was 18, I had my first abnormal pap in November 2005 (first pap after my son was born). OB/GYN thought it could just be that my cervix had not regulated after pregnancy. Went back every six months and all showed mild abnormalities. After 3 abnormal paps she did a colposcopy and biopsy in February 2007, all showed mild dysplasia so she said I could wait six months for my next pap. I showed abnormal cells still in February of this year. Another colpo last week, this time showing mild dysplasia at 5 o'clock and severe dysplasia with CIS at 11 o'clock and also endocervical. She recommened a cone procedure and has me scheduled for tomorrow (I only got colpo results on Wednesday). She said she was surprised at the quick progression on me and wanted to do this ASAP. She offered LEEP but said Cone was better. I'm just wondering if anyone else has been thorough similar progression and if your outcome was positive with the cone?

Old 02-24-2008, 07:35 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
Re: Cone tomorrow - new to boards.

Hi,

I hope your Cone procedure went well. I had laser surgery for CIS, so I can't give you any details in that area. I just really wanted to stop by and welcome you to the boards.

Big hugs,

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-27-2008, 07:39 AM   #3
(female)

shmoou72 HB User
Re: Cone tomorrow - new to boards.

Had a cone biopsy end of last month. Had CIN II & CIN III in several places. She couldn't do the LEEP because she wanted clean edges (LEEP procedure is done with laser and can burn the edges of the test sample). Pain was not bad, just annoying. Cramping, lower back pain and discomfort. Nothing some Advil and a heating pad couldn't cure. Worst of it was waiting the 2-4 weeks where you can't lift more than 5 lbs - even milk weighs more than that - hehehe. Got results and got lots of bad spots but margins are clear so think that means they got it all. I'm back to the wait and see routine where I do for another pap in 4 months but was warned the results will probably still be bad this time. Keep your chin up and prayer helps. Hope your procedure went well and hope you get great news on the results!

Closed Thread