It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2008, 08:27 AM   #1
(female)

abeeson01 HB User
Unhappy Problems after a LEEP?

Has anyone had any complications following a LEEP procedure? I had the procedure done on Feb. 25th and here it is eight days later and I am having some unusual symptoms. The procedure was done on a Monday. Tuesday I was still hurting a bit so I took the day off from work. I made myself go to work on Wednesday only to get sick to my stomach (vomiting). I continued to vomit for nearly two hours (the boss sent me home). This continued through Thursday (so I missed work again). The position I hold does not require me to work on Friday's so the weekend gave me a little time to recoup. I was actually feeling okay by mid Saturday.

Yesterday (1 week post procedure) I again decided to give going to work another shot. I made it all day! However, when I got home, I was in so much pain that I couldn't stand it! I had a dull pain in my lower abdomen and a sharp pain that would shoot through my vaginal area. The pain kind of reminded me of labor contractions. In addition, my "discharge" (brownish substance) from the procedure became worse yesterday. I felt as though I was wetting myself. The discharge was blood tinged and extremely heavy.

Today I went back into work but was put on "light duty" until I receive a call back from the doctor. I left a message with the office this morning. The nurse just returned my call and said that my doctor was out of the office today. She is going to consult with the doctor on call and call me back a little later today.

As for today, I am still very "uncomfortable". I have pains shoot through me when I stand up or sit down. Walking is even painful.

Can anyone relate to the problems I am having? Could this be an infection? Is it possible that I have done this to myself by all of the heavy lifting I do at work? (I seem to feel better when I haven't strained my stomach muscles) I only went back to work because my doctor assured me that I would be okay (I did tell her that my position requires heavy lifting throughout the day)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2008, 04:53 AM   #2
(female)

abeeson01 HB User
Re: Problems after a LEEP?

The doctor's office called me back about 10:45 yesterday morning and asked that I come to see the on call doctor at 11:30. (my doctor was out of town) After a pelvic exam I was informed that I had developed an infection. The new doctor was astounded by the agressive approach my doctor took to do the LEEP procedure. She told me that she had never seen so much of the cervix removed during this procedure.

I can't say that I "like" this doctor. She was not very personable to say the least and even rude it seemed. However, I will follow her orders. I was prescribed a high dose antibiotic to take for seven days. According to the doctor, I should begin to feel better in about a week.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:46 PM   #3
(female)

cook82 HB Usercook82 HB User
Re: Problems after a LEEP?

hello

I'm so sorry to hear that you have an infection. Although I kind of think the doctor could have kept those remarks to herself. They must have been very upseting to hear and afterall even if it is true, what can be done about it now?

I hope you feel better soon. Be sure to finish all the medicine even if you feel better right away. Good luck.

Marie

Closed Thread