It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2008, 09:10 PM   #1
(female)

albiesgirl HB User
has anyone?????

Has anyone been diagnosed with ovarian cancer without any systems?

Old 03-13-2008, 09:01 PM   #2
(female)

albiesgirl HB User
Re: has anyone?????

Please can I have someones time for just a minute.............

I'm sorry for being envasive, my real question is- I've been thru 2 cat scans for gall bladder and stomach pains, 2005 and 2008 and both came back neg for stomach issues but my pelvic area shows I've got fibroids and cysts. My Gyno called and we made f/up appts. The one in 05 sd ovary cysts and a fibroid the size of the end of of little pinkie. No worries life went on. No symtoms. I've never knew they were there. The last cat scan 2008 for stomach issue showed "growth on my left ovary and surronding area. Again, no pain, abnormal bleeding. However, I feel like I'm always going to start my period. That heavy feeling bloating feeling, my leg aches and I can't sit for long periods of time. Let me state, I've had 4 heart cath's done for heart disease from 05-07 so I thought this was scar tissue.? dr forards his results to my GYNO she calls me and wants to do ultra sound on my pelvis. Well I'm shocked. I thought I had ulcer why would my pelvic area show up on that??
So here I go to dr and the tech does ultrsound and she said remember the small cyst in 2005? I said yes......she says it had babies and your uterus is enlarged. What?????????? Then she goes to tell me my left ovary-the one with the cyst the size of a pinkie now there's 3 more and she not sure if they're cyst or a growth.

I'm 50 years old and I want to know if anyone has ever been surpirsed after going to GYNO for what she (me) thinks is normal follow up or ended up with OC.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-14-2008, 06:11 AM   #3
(female)

Annie57 HB User

I hope I can offer you some useful info.

I had breast cancer (insitu) and was put on Tamoxifen .Due to the increase risk of uterine cancer, while taking Tam, it was suggested I have a hysterectomy. I also had fibroids so I agreed.

September 8th 05 I had surgery. At the time of surgery it was uncertain what the dx would be. I was told after surgery I had uterine and fallopien tube cancer, both primary and both a stage 1A quite a surprise. I had only heavy bleeding as a symptom.

The best advice I can give you would be to follow up on all your tests. Also just because you have symptoms it does not mean these are due to cancer.
Fibroids, cysts and numberous other problems can cause the same symptoms
as cancer. Some peoplenever have a symptom others have many. Each person is different.

Try not to stress too much and follow through on all your tests.

Old 03-15-2008, 07:11 AM   #4
(female)

albiesgirl HB User

Thank you Annie,

I'm still waiting for my reults on the ultra sound. I figure they haven't called me back yet, so it must be good news.

Please take car of yourself.

J

Old 03-19-2008, 07:25 PM   #5
(female)

albiesgirl HB User

Well, here I am it's been over a week and still no results from my doctor on my ultra sound. I'm telling you all I'm going nuts. I got Gilda Radner's Bio read it and loved it.(It's Always Something) She nailed it. Prior to her dx every doctor said you're fine, you're normal. Paps were fine, ultra sounds normal, blood tests everything. Hers started like the flu. Like her, I feel like somethings not right. Just like she wrote about it. We girls know our bodies and have that 7th sense that doctors, men don't have nor will they understand. I don't get it. Why we have to wait for the nurse or dr to call us back and tell us we're fine, you're just a worry wart and see you in 6 months. Do they teach them in medical school, "ok the patient is going to worry until you call" So let's keep them on the edge and their family. When "we're" ready we'll call the patient and tell her she's fine. This way her family thinks she's nuts for talking all the time about her worry. So the next time we'll treat her and god forbid there's something wrong the famlily can treat her like the boy who called "wolf".

I know you all are probably thinking "this lady is flying off her rocker". Well I feel like I am. Somethings not right. I wonder if anyone else is like me out there? If you have read my prior insert, they [Dr] called me that somehting was wrong. I didn't call and say I felt the need for a check up. I was just there in August had a ultra sound and was told small cyst on right ovary and a small fibroid on my uterus. No big Whoop. Life went on and I was fine. Now I've got 3 growth on my ovary and numerous fibroids on /in my uterus. Thank goodness the tech was straight up with me. I told her I would never let Doctor know she told me what she saw of the film. She let me see and I pointed them out to her and she was surprised I could read the film. Too bad my parent were poor and could afford med school, eh?

How about it...
I would love to hear from someone and read their experiences. I'm just as guilty as the next guy, reading everyone's inserts and not at least sending a hug out there. Well here's my hugs and hopes for everyone out there from around the world from me to you (I know sounds sappy, but...)

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxxo

J

Old 03-23-2008, 07:04 PM   #6
(female)

albiesgirl HB User

Results back..............Dr ordered CA 125. What are "normal levels" ? I know very unreliable...so why order it?

Old 03-24-2008, 12:48 PM   #7
(female)

Alix76 HB User

I don't have any advice hun. just want to send you a hug.
xxx

Old 03-25-2008, 07:28 PM   #8
(female)

albiesgirl HB User

Thanks, for the hugs.. Have a question how long does it take to get the results back on a ca 125?

Old 04-04-2008, 08:32 PM   #9
(female)

albiesgirl HB User

I got my CA 125 back- as I thought within normal limits. One worry down a couple more to go. For the last 2 wks I've felt a burning sensation in my ovarina area. It starts all of a sudden then dissapates on it's one. It hit in the middle of the night last night and woke me up. Has anyone had this?

J

Old 04-19-2008, 07:57 AM   #10
(female)

albiesgirl HB User

I received my transvagnial ultrasound report today- and I'm wondering if I need 2nd opinion. The right ovary has 2 cysts 1 is simple appearing 2.2x1.9x2.6cm and 2-is complex 2x1.9x2.1cm. My dr. also said my uterus has multiple fibrods with the largest anterior body of 1.8x1.4cm many other seen, The endometeial thickness is 10mm. My gut feeling is to go to another dr. Any other opinions out there?

Thanks,

J

Old 04-19-2008, 08:21 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

If you think you need a 2nd opinion, then by all means get one. It is your health, not your doctors! Good luck and report back, ok?

Old 04-19-2008, 08:25 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Get the 2nd opinion, since you are feeling you need it. Your insurance should cover it (if you have insurance). Let us know how things turn out!

Closed Thread