It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2008, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

jennigal82 HB User
cone biopsy

cone biopsy....i had a regular biopsy and afterward the doctor and nurse left the room and had me get dressed. boy was that an error in judgement. i am 129 lbs and i have low blood pressure. as soon as i stood up after the procedure and got dressed i felt dizzy. I found a cord on the wall and sat down. it said pull for emergency...i did. then i woke up to 6 people asking me if i knew where i was and what day it was etc. i passed out. they made me take an ambulance to the er and i had a ride...my eye was cut, and my face was swollen. it has been a month and my neck stll hurts. then a week goes by doctor called me with my biopsy results and said i have moderate dysplasia. i have to have a cone biopsy. so now i am really upset and stressed. i have done alot of research and my procedure is done with anesthesia. i am sure all will be well. just be careful after a biopsy, have someone in the room wih you and drive you. i was not prepared for that and i think it could have been prevented

Old 03-11-2008, 07:36 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

AnnD HB UserAnnD HB User
Re: cone biopsy

I am sorry for your reaction to your biopsy. It is hard to predict how each person will react to anything that is done in a doctors office and I think you are not the usual reaction to this sort of procedure. I had one done and without any problem. Now that you know how you might react to a procedure that you will be lying down for awhile you might request the nurse to stay with you until you dress or just get up slowly and sit for a min.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2008, 09:45 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

benson HB User
Re: cone biopsy

I'm no expert, and I can only recount my experiences/procedures in Canada.
In the first instance I had a diagnosis of HSIL. This was followed by a colposcopy and a biopsy.
The biopsy result came back as HSIL. So I was scheduled for a loop. I had the loop and more biopsys taken at the same time as the loop. Again came back as HSIL. All these procedures were undertaken under local anaesthesia. The biopsys taken at the time of the loop were taken high in the cervix, with HSIL and unclear margins. I was informed I needed a Cone biopsy because the cells were too high up in the cervix and were not visable. The cone biopsy I had required day surgery and a general anaesthetic. I had pre-op and post-op consultations. It was surgery in a hospital environment.
I hope you recover soon.

Closed Thread