It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 02:52 AM   #1
(female)

jameslou HB User
stressed a bit--uterine cancer?

Hi, everyone~~~

I'm scheduled for a D&C and hysteroctomy (sp?) soon...had bleeding (heavy, heavy with lots o'pain last month) when i thought I was post-menopausal, ya know?

At first, I thought it was a regular period; i had been very, very stressed and on some meds for the past year and 1/2--plus hadn't been eating regularly. My thoughts were that since I was off the meds, i had simply started my period again (i'll be 52 this year & mom had meno. later in life, too).

Well !!! When i told my new doc this (the old one blew it off), he pretty much flipped out and said he was treating it like cancer until it was proven otherwise...hmmmm...she said~~~

Had an ultrasound 2 days ago...thickened uterine lining and they saw somethin' else, eh? I'm scheduled for a D&C and...well I already said that, didn't I? I'm also getting a colonoscopy next week (been bleeding from "there," too...aarrgghhh).

My mind is a little confused right now, so bear with me, ok?

I started "bleeding" again tonite and my pelvic area is becoming quite painful; I DON'T look forward to what I went thru last month, folks. (I was down and out for the better part of a week). I WILL be asking for pain meds, believe me, if it's anything like last month...

Here's what's really confusing to me: IF I'm truly menopausal--and the bleeding was abnormal (actually hemorrhaging)--then WHY am I bleeding again during what I would expect to be my actual "cycle?" (I'm only a few days off). I mean, could it not be that I really DID start my regular period again? And, due to the stress and--what I would describe as a form of anorexia--I had just stopped my cycle for that length of time?

OK, off again on a related subject...Has anyone else had experience with uterine cancer and can enlighten me as to what they've been through?

I'm a bit numb about the whole thang, tell ya the truth...A little worry running through my veins, yet, I'm not hysterical or anything...

Appreciate any comments/advise/experience...

Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2008, 12:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
Re: stressed a bit--uterine cancer?

Hi,

I just wanted to stop by and give you a hug. I'm sorry that you are having to go through all of this.

I think if you post this on the Uterine Cancer board, you may get more responses.

Good luck with everything. You're in my prayers.

Hugs,

Lisa

Old 03-23-2008, 06:32 PM   #3
(female)

Alix76 HB User

Just want to send you hugs.
xxxxxxxxx
Sorry I have no advice but going through the sam crap as you. Just want you to know you are not alone xxx
Take care hun. Will talk to you soon. xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Old 03-23-2008, 06:33 PM   #4
(female)

Alix76 HB User

Just want to send you hugs.
xxxxxxxxx
Sorry I have no advice but going through the same crap as you. Just want you to know you are not alone xxx
Take care hun. Will talk to you soon. xxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Closed Thread