It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
(female)

Alix76 HB User
Not again!

I was diagnosed with CINIII last year and got called back this year to hear that's it' back and it's a lot more invasive so I need another Leep on 1st April.

I'm terrified and have spent a lot of time on this site.

I was getting some really good support from the ladies on here, Are you still around?
XXX

Last edited by moderator2; 03-23-2008 at 01:16 PM. Reason: no discussion of moderator actions - as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2008, 01:26 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
Re: Not again!

Hi Sweetie,

I'm here. I understand the fear you are feeling. I was also diagnosed with CIN II and III, which later became carcinoma in situ. I had laser surgery last May, and so far, all of my Paps have been normal (knock wood!)

I know how scary all of this can be. But just think, CIN isn't cancer and may never be. And, if the worst should happen and it does become cancer, it is very treatable.

Please know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need to talk, we're here for you.

Big hugs,

Lisa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2008, 07:05 PM   #3
(female)

Alix76 HB User

I can't possibly thank you enough for getting back to me. It means so much. xxxxxx
My head is not right just now so I don't feel able to talk. Will be online again tomorrow though.
Thanks again for mailing, I really really appreciate it.
Talk to you soon.
xxX
Alix
XXX

Old 03-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #4
(female)

Alix76 HB User

Well, this time next week it will all be over so I'm just counting down now.
Feeling more worried with every day that goes by but at least I know it's almost time and then I'll know what I'm dealing with.
Will keep you all posted.
xxx

Old 03-27-2008, 07:45 PM   #5
(female)

Alix76 HB User

Not long to go now.
I'm not sleeping, can't eat and can't think of anything apart from what is going to happen on Tuesday now.
Im terrified. I know its going to hurt and I just want it over now.
I anyone there?
XXX

Old 03-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #6
(female)

ames72 HB User

Alix, I have been through CINIII/Adenocarcinoma In Situ and microinvasive cancer. I had the cone surgery last May. I was so stressed out and where you are right now just a year ago. I am 100% healthy and happy today.

Please know you are doing the right thing getting it out of there. It is being controlled and taken care of. The best thing you can do for yourself now and in the future is to have a good attitude, get rid of your stress, change your perspective and think healthy and happy thoughts. I know you may want to slap me for saying this, but that is how I got through it. Stress is no good for you right now. You have to know you will get through it ok, breathe deep breaths, read a good book, watch a good movie, take a walk, take a bath in therapeutic bath salts... drink tea, watch the birds... relax.

I know it's hard and scary... but try to help your body heal by thinking positive thoughts. It works!!

Take care,
Hugs,
Amy

Old 03-28-2008, 04:47 PM   #7
(female)

Alix76 HB User

I'm not going to slap you at all! Don't be silly. I'm just glad to get a response from someone else that has gone through or is going through this nonsense (my pet name for it). So I thank you for replying to me.
I'm not scared at all about what may lie ahead, cancer, hysto, whatever I can take it. I'm only upset that my choice about when /if I have a baby is being taken away from me. My bloke and I have agreed to wait and see how the next leep/loop goes and then make a decision about what we should do re becoming parents.
We're together for the long run and want to have a baby one day but aren't sure at all that now is the right time. If it comes to it we can always adopt when we're ready and know we can give a child what they need. We have plenty of love to give right now but can't financially afford to have another person in our lives.
Fingers crossed the next op will get rid of everything nasty and I can have a baby in a few years naturally. Will have to wait and see.
Feeling amazingly ok about it really. I know what I'm facing and what I might miss out on but there are always ways around thing aren't they?
As long as I can fight this and be around for a long time yet I'll be happy.
Will let you know how Tuesday goes. Thanks again for your support.
XXX

Old 03-28-2008, 05:24 PM   #8
(female)

ames72 HB User

Alix,
Best of luck to you...

Just so you know, I also had a LEEP before my pregnancy and my pregnancy was normal. Then I had my child and 3 years after I had the cone. I have been told I would be able to have another child even though I've been through both procedures. So there is a lot of hope in that department

Old 03-29-2008, 01:50 PM   #9
(female)

BE 123 HB User

Hey Alix, good luck on Tuesday. I hope this is the last procedure you'll need. I know what an exhausting mental nightmare dysplasia is. I admire how very sensible you are. If you and your man are fine with adoption and prefer to wait until you can give the child all it needs, which is the right thing to do, then please focus entirely on your health right now. Make some changes in your lifestyle, nutrition, check the other posts on this board from women who have used these tools to reverse dysplasias and prevent future problems. Best to you.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:17 PM   #10
(female)

Alix76 HB User

Thankyou so much. I don't have the words now but will be back.
Thankyou.
XXX

Old 03-31-2008, 05:58 PM   #11
(female)

Alix76 HB User

Well, not long now.
Not sure how I feel. Scared of course but more annoyed about having to do this all over again than anything else. One leep should be more than enough for anyone to have to go through. Guess I'm just one of the special ones eh?
Anyway, I have an appointment in 11 hours to get this dealt with again. Fingers crossed it's the last time. I've been told a 3rd time is unlikely so if it doesn't all go tomorrow I have to start thinking about how much I want a baby of my own.
Like I said before though, we can always adopt. I'd just like the chance to see a mini-us one day if you can understand that.
I know it sounds stupid because at the end of the day my survival is most important, I just hate the thought that my choices are being taken from me.
Will post back later and let you know how I get on. Please keep your fingers crossed for a successful and painless (as much as possible) outcome.
XXX

Last edited by Alix76; 03-31-2008 at 05:59 PM.

Old 04-01-2008, 11:45 AM   #12
(female)

Alix76 HB User

Had it done again today.
Anyone there/care?
X

Old 04-01-2008, 06:55 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User

Hi Alix,

How did it go?

Hugs,

Lisa

Old 04-02-2008, 12:45 PM   #14
(female)

Alix76 HB User

Hey,
Went ok (hurt like hell but I got through it) and I went into shock afterwards so had to stay in for a bit. Just so glad I had my Mum with me. I actually saw what the Dr cut away and it was loads! She says that's nothing to worry about though so am trying not to.
I'm in a lot more pain than I was last time but I expected that. Just taking it easy and resting a lot.
Thanks for your concern/thoughts, I'll let you know how things go.
xxx

Old 04-02-2008, 03:59 PM   #15
(female)

BE 123 HB User

Hey Alix, sorry it was so unpleasant, but now it's over, and I'm sending healing vibes your way. Think good thoughts.

Closed Thread