It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2008, 01:50 PM   #1
(female)

pufive HB User
Laparotomy Question

Hello All,

I have a 7cm tumor post hysterectomy and will be having a laparotomy procedure for removal. I feel relatively sure it will be benign....CA125 is normal...however I do know that the CA125 is not a "sure thing" I am unable to have it removed laproscopically due to scare tissue. Has anyone here at a laparotomy...if so...could you share you experience, and recovery time...time in hospital etc… I'm anxious, but ready to have this thing out of me. Blessings and prayers to all here

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2008, 10:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

benson HB User
Re: Laparotomy Question

Hi, Just wanted to say for my part I have no experiences or direct knowledge that I can relate to you. Other than I can relate to your anxiety, and I sincerely wish you all the best. I'm trusting things have improved for you.
Take Care xxx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2008, 06:48 PM   #3
(female)

emsgirl2 HB User
Re: Laparotomy Question

I too have had a hysterectomy. I've had two laparotomies. The first one was the "bikini" cut just above the pubic hair line from side to side. The second surgery (years later) was from the navel down to the pubic hair line. If your doctor gives you a choice please choose the side to side incision. MUCH easier recovery. For both surgeries I was in the hospital for five days. Both surgeries I was up the following day, (they make you get up) moving very slowly. The nurses showed me how to press the pillow on my stomach when I had to cough, cry, or once in a while laugh. That helped a lot. Also drink as much as you can it helps get the bowels moving again, which helps get rid of the gas from the surgery. My message to you though is to ask your DR to do the side to side incision.....much easier on the patient. Good luck to you and I hope I've helped you a little bit.

Closed Thread