It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2008, 10:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Bleeding/discharge after conization

I have a general and specific question about bleeding and discharge after conization.

Generally, what is/was your experience with this?

More pecifically, this is what my experience is, and is it within the range of normal? I thought so until about 10 minutes ago.

I had my cold knife conization (and ECC, and D&C, and endo-uterine curettage) on Friday (5 days ago). I bled for 2 days or so (until mid day Sunday) and since then have been "oozing." Today there was more than yesterday, but that didn't concern me. I just now had a BM (sorry, TMI) and strained a bit. There was blood on the toilet paper (and I had only wiped the front at that point). I then took my shower and I saw a small clot. Now I am cramping a little (not bad, just a little). If I hadn't seen the blood I wouldn't be too concerned about the cramping.

My question is this. I know, post-cone there will be some bleeding, but I thought it was closer to 10 days post procedure. Is this too early? and did I do something when I strained.

I'll be calling the doctor's office tomorrow morning anyway (to see if pathology results are in ), but was wondering if anyone had an experience they'd like to share or advice to give. Thanks in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 10:44 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

benson HB User
Re: Bleeding/discharge after conization

Hi Pickle Eyes I had a cold knife cone early March (6th). Initially I had the brown offensive dischage (from the paste), and maybe's after a week or so, I started to bleed, with small clots. Nothing significantly heavy. Unfortunately I did go on to present with a major bleed that resulted in a trip to E.R. Off the top of my head maybe 2 1/2 weeks later (Easter Sunday). But when I say major bleed, I really really mean major, and with large clots (Yuk)! I was doing nothing at all at the time, just sitting in the garden. Fortunately OH was home and took me to the E.R. I was told by the nurse that the rule of thumb was to be concearned if you fill a maxi pad in 2 hours. I won't go into details, but that would have been a breeze. The E.R. doc was faxing the details to my Onc/Gynae, and instructed me to follow it up, which I did. I left a message with his secretary As I never heard anything more, I kinda figured everything was O.K. Strangely enough, I'm still bleeding, although very very lightly, although I'm not concearned. Hope this helps a little.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Bleeding/discharge after conization

Benson, thank you for writing. And yes, that helps! I'm back to "oozing" today. So maybe my bleeding last night was oozing. But I'm keeping an eye on things.

I teach and I am a bit concerned about being in the middle of class and the floodgates opening. So, every day I'm overprepared. At least enough to give me a little time to get someone to cover my class so I can make a restroom run! Just FYI, I teach middle school, and you don't ever want to leave them unattended! LOL

Closed Thread