It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2008, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

Ally2007 HB User
Questions concerning colposcopy..please help..

Hi there....I just got back from a colposcopy (5 months post partum) due to 2 previous paps indicating LSIL. Brief backgroud, had my first abnormal pap in nov, 2004, next one clean, next abnormal in nov 2006...first colposcopy at 28 weeks pregnant last july. The doctor saw no areas of concern so no biopsy taken, next check up was today. Had my colposcopy and the doctor took a little biopsy from a small area that apparently turned "greyish" not white. She told me that the concerns arise when areas turn white, mine was not white but grey, she said that it could totally be from hormones after giving birth or if its not then its just lsil again. She wasn't concerned at all, I asked if she'd call me with the results, she said no just come back in 6 months, and if she were AT ALL concerned of anything I'd definitley be back before six months....does this sound normal? I thought I'd at least get the results of the biopsy....any comment would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 04-10-2008, 03:53 PM   #2
(female)

Ally2007 HB User
Re: Questions concerning colposcopy..please help..

Does noone know anything about this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2008, 05:11 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

The pathology reports are open to you. I'd call back in a week and ask for a copy of the report. Period. You also might request the previous reports. I belive it is the doctor's duty to let you know the results of your tests/biopsies. If he/she isn't willing to do that, then it might be time to shop for a new doctor. :twocents:

Old 04-11-2008, 05:36 AM   #4
(female)

Ally2007 HB User

Thank you.

Old 04-11-2008, 07:46 AM   #5
(female)

cook82 HB Usercook82 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ally2007 View Post
Hi there....I just got back from a colposcopy (5 months post partum) due to 2 previous paps indicating LSIL. Brief backgroud, had my first abnormal pap in nov, 2004, next one clean, next abnormal in nov 2006...first colposcopy at 28 weeks pregnant last july. The doctor saw no areas of concern so no biopsy taken, next check up was today. Had my colposcopy and the doctor took a little biopsy from a small area that apparently turned "greyish" not white. She told me that the concerns arise when areas turn white, mine was not white but grey, she said that it could totally be from hormones after giving birth or if its not then its just lsil again. She wasn't concerned at all, I asked if she'd call me with the results, she said no just come back in 6 months, and if she were AT ALL concerned of anything I'd definitley be back before six months....does this sound normal? I thought I'd at least get the results of the biopsy....any comment would be appreciated. Thanks
If the doctor took a biopsy - there will be results. You are entitled to a copy of the pathology report. Call the office and simply say you would like a copy of the report for your records. They should not give you a hard time about it. Once you have the report maybe you can post the results here and perhaps somebone with similar experience might have a suggestion.

Good luck!
Marie

Old 04-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #6
(female)

Ally2007 HB User

Thanks Marie. I will do that. Just thought it was weird that she seemed sooo certain it would not need another check up for 6 months.

Closed Thread