It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2008, 10:55 PM   #1
(female)

magnj HB User
CIN3/HPV Negative

Benson, thanks so much for the response. I am NOT alone anymore

Sorry for the confusing.....my big question is....do you have your most recent pap report (the one with HSIL) and what it said about your HPV? Negative or Positive?

I will guess your are HPV negative (likes me) or your doc would have say something to you regarding the HPV issue?? If you really don't know, could you ask your doc next time or request the pap report. In my case, I've never been tested HPV positive before which conflicts the theory of HPV causes 99% of cervical cancer. If we are the 1% the rare cases (I am another freak in the club , it will assure us our reoccuring chance is lower (than HPV positive pt) after the Cold knife con/ leep which is a nice thing to know. Then we should pay a lot attention on what we eat and our aging cells.... I am taking multi-vitamin and folid acid 400ml.

You are the only one I can related this issue since I haven't found anyone who is HPV negative/CIN3 recently. I have something to share regarding the aging cells issue too....will do next time. Good luck to us!!

Magnj...sorry for the delay in replying, but I'm not sure really how to answer you.
I have never been told that I am HPV positive...but then again I've never asked, so in essence I could be, but I've just not been informed. We emigrated to Canada 5 years ago from the U.K. (we're now in the process of desperately trying to get back ). I had a pap test immediately before I came to Canada and it was clear. Several 'issues' related to my being unable to undergo a pap test until my recent one which was HSIL, so maybe a 5 year max of a pap absense. I've already outlined the due process and diagnosis of C.I.S. so I don't need to go into that any further.
I have no idea if my early menopause affected my cervical cells. What I do know is that at my age (47). I'm having to deal with problems that are most certainly to do with cervical 'aging'. I guess in a bizzare way, I'm fortunate that I got the diagnosis I did, post pap, as it has enabled me to get to see the type of gynae I should have been referred to 4 years ago. The cold knife cone biopsy actually endorsed the 'need' for me to have been seen sooner for those other issues. So in essence I have very 'old' gynae body parts because of my early menopause...(to go through the menopause at 28 is just not very kindly) Like I said my estrogen levels buggered off over 20 years ago. So I guess I know I'm a kinda freak. I know I get a very different response when 'docs' look at me bits after looking at me face
Seriously, if I can help you or anybody in any way, I would, but I'm not sure what your asking me
Get to specifics and I'll ask me docs
Take Care[/QUOTE]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2008, 04:47 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

benson HB User
Re: CIN3/HPV Negative

Hi Magnj, nah...your never alone O.K. as it happens OH got an appointment with the doc' tommorow, so I'll get him to ask her specifically if I was tested for HPV. I'll get back some time tommorow. Take Care

Old 04-15-2008, 06:06 PM   #3
(female)

BE 123 HB User

You have to be careful with the result "HPV negative." It is certainly a happy result, but does not necessarily mean there is no HPV. All tests can have false negatives (as well as false positives). Also, a low viral load practically ensures the test will come up negative. Finally and most importantly, the most current literature (and understanding of gyn-oncos) is that HPV and only HPV is responsible for cervical cancer types squamous, adenocarcinoma, and squamoadenocarcinoma. If yours was caused by something else, such as DES, it would be a particularly malignant type of cancer called clear cell carcinoma requiring immediate and aggressive treatment. And believe me, if you had this, your doctor would (or should) know and tell you.

One theory explaining why HPV shows negative when it is in fact present is the concept of host integration. HPV can and does "hide" itself in host cell DNA rendering itself undetectable on testing. This applies to high risk types that cause cancer.

Several ladies on this board have reported negative HPV test with koilocytes on pap or biopsy. Koilocytes, indicative of an ongoing HPV infection, are always and only caused by HPV and shows up clearly on pathology, so the HPV test is not always correct.

Old 04-16-2008, 04:52 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

benson HB User

Hi Magni...well things didn't quite go to plan ! OH did ask the doc, who basically said that yes I would have been tested for HPV, but not a specific strain. Unfortunately the conversation did not persue other than that. It transpired that she had just received some x-rays of my back that morning following on from my visit to the E R on the sunday. I'd had a fall. It appears upon further evaluation of the x-rays I've sustained a compound fracture to my spine Gosh, I'm cracking and crumbling all over the place. At least now I know why I can't get me socks on . As for the HPV I'm kinda figuring that because the HPV is so common place with cervical dysplasia, I most probabally am, but have just not been informed. Your still not alone though
Take Care

Old 04-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #5
(female)

magnj HB User

Brieaukirsch, thanks for the input. Maybe you are right. I've been tested HPV 3 years ago, and never once has been tested positive (even the most recent HGSIL pap ). It is very confusing, but my Cone biopsy report did mention HPV.

It is possible that after having my second son, my low immune system wakes up my sleeping HPV virus ?? (it wakes up many other things too....allergy, baby fat etc :-)

LEEP result:
High grade squamous dysplasia (CIN3). Lesion involves endocervical crypts. Adjacent squamous mucosa with changes of human papilloma virus infection. Marked chronic cervicitis. No dysplasia seen in endo or exocervical margins of specimen.

Old 04-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #6
(female)

magnj HB User

Hi Benson,

ER again? I hope everything goes well eventually and keep your high spirit as you are (I may borrow some too )

As brieaukirsch pointed out, I may have HPV also. I would guess my sleeping virus wake up 2 yr ago after my son was born

I will suggest that you should request your pap/leep reports. I have all my lab reports in handy. You've never known when you are going to move or change a doc. If you do have that most recent pap report (with HGSIL one) in the future, please drop me a line. I am still very curious.

I am going to have first check up after the leep next week. I will keep you post.
Cheer

Old 04-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

benson HB User

Hi magnj....Well you never know when clooney is in the house
High spirits...got bucket loads . In the 5 year period we've been in Canada (I'm 47, OH 44 (baby boy ) We've had him fitted with a Pace maker He now sleeps with a C Pap machine ('cos of slep apnoea), plus he has high cholesterol (although he's very skinny). He's also been told he needs total knee replacement in both knees, and his back is giving up on him 'cos of his knees. He's the sole income provider.
For my part, R.S.D. The problems associated with a ridiculous menopause age, C.I.S. and now seemingly a compressed spinal fracture. Do I or
And that's only sratching the surface, guess I've got to

Old 04-17-2008, 04:23 PM   #8
(female)

BE 123 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnj View Post
It is possible that after having my second son, my low immune system wakes up my sleeping HPV virus ?? (it wakes up many other things too....allergy, baby fat etc :-)
Yes. Happens to lots of women during and sometimes after pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnj View Post
LEEP result:
High grade squamous dysplasia (CIN3). Lesion involves endocervical crypts. Adjacent squamous mucosa with changes of human papilloma virus infection. Marked chronic cervicitis. No dysplasia seen in endo or exocervical margins of specimen.
This makes me extremely nervous. I believe the HPV test is crap, in that when it shows positive you definitely have it, but when it shows negative you probably still have it. In fact, so many women have reported identical pathology that I wonder if the test is any good at detecting anything short of a massive full blown HPV infection!

Closed Thread