It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-18-2008, 12:57 PM   #1
(female)

marie777 HB User
cervix turned white, yet normal pap

How is it possible to have a pap smear that came out normal, yet have the cervix turn white when the vinegar solution is put on it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
(female)

cook82 HB Usercook82 HB User
Re: cervix turned white, yet normal pap

I take it the vinegar was applied to the cervix as part of the colposcopy procedure here right???? I assume this was precipitated by an initial abnormal pap?
Are you saying the subsequent pap was "normal" after all this?

Marie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #3
(female)

marie777 HB User

I had 2 normal paps. But there were 2 lesions that they removed removed from the vulva. Because they thought the lesions were suspicious they took a look at the cervix w/ a colposcope . In March they looked at the cervix w/ a colposcope & they said the solution made the cervix turned white. He wanted to biopsy it right then. I said that I wanted to think about it. So I returned in April & was told that their was no need to biopsy it.

Old 04-18-2008, 02:02 PM   #4
(female)

cook82 HB Usercook82 HB User

OK - I see then.
Both paps were normal before and after the colposcopy negating the need to biopsy the cervix. I would just let it go then UNLESS - tell me the 2 lesions that were removed from the vulva - we they biopsied?????

If so what were the results - what were these lesions on the vulva???

Marie

Old 04-18-2008, 02:21 PM   #5
(female)

marie777 HB User

I don't know yet what the biopsy result is because they just removed the lesion on the vulva yesterday. It will probably take them a wk or so to get back to me.

Old 05-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #6
(female)

nicci70 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marie777 View Post
I don't know yet what the biopsy result is because they just removed the lesion on the vulva yesterday. It will probably take them a wk or so to get back to me.
Hi Marie, hope you get your results soon and it is nothing to serious, I also had a coloposcy back in March turned areas white but came back negative, however I do have VIN 3 which was diagnosed in February following a biospy,and due for surgery at end of month. I found this very shocking at first but have now had nearly 3 months to get my head round it, and now feel more at peace with the surgery date coming very soon. Thoughts with you, keep us posted on your results.

Closed Thread