It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2008, 12:03 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

xtattooX HB User
Post My Pre-Surgery Message/No Health Insurance Message

First of all ladies, off the subject you all should see my cat, he's sleeping so sound on his back, not a care in the world. Geesh...wish I could do that. So anyway, my surgery/cone biopsy is tomorrow, and like most of you have stated the waiting game sucks...and even though I don't have to wait much longer the anticipation, is literally nauseating...I won't lie about the fact that I'm having cold feet, and if I didn't have anyone else like my hubby, dad, and mom-in-law..I probably (even though its the stupidest decision) would just not go, but I will be dragged by one if not all three of my family members, even if they have to put me into a straight jacket, I WILL make the darn appointment, but after this it's just going to be more of the waiting game for the results of the cone biopsy...does this ever get any easier?

I also failed to mention that I'm having a D&C along with my cone, which I've had the D&C before due to miscarriage. My mom had uterine cancer, and I don't know if it can be inherited but I so hope they're not going to find anything going on in my uterus as well. My mother did not keep up with her pap smears, and probably could have gotten a lot more help with treatments and things, but when they found it, it was too late and she died at 47, when I was 18. I can't help but feel as though I'm going the same route, but I'm trying my darndest to be positive. I'm SO the pessimist though, but I've been taken on rollercoaster after rollercoaster and I'm just now 24 today! I don't think I ever got a chance to be a "young adult", but anyway thanks for letting me vent, lord knows I need other women to talk to, I don't have my mom, so the opinions and experiences of other women are greatly appreciated.

So onto my second part about HEALTH INSURANCE I keep looking around the board to see some messages about people with no health insurance, but never once has anyone mentioned charity hospitals, (if they have I've never seen it), I mean I know charity hospitals aren't necessarily free, but if you give them your check stubs, if you work, they can figure out if you're eligible for free health care, and if you don't work, and don't have money, I don't think they can turn you away. My heart goes out to these women with no health insurance, I myself have none, and am absolutely lucky to be able to recieve free health care...well till June anyhow, I gotta re-new my card then, and I recently got married so I may have to pay some after I re-new everything, but hey, at least I get the cone biopsy free., but anyway I see all these messages one in particular that was posted a while back about a woman with no health insurance, and how she was running out of options to get this surgery and this and that, and wondered why she didn't try a charity hospital, I mean all states have them right?

I know charity hospitals are full of poverty stricken people, and just being in one can be quite depressing, and so they aren't the most "choice" of all hospitals, but if you need help and you're outta options what about a charity hospital? They'll gladly take your cash, with no health insurance, and in some cases, given the circumstances, you may be able to get what you need free. I know some of my concerns were not with the money issues, but the fact that the hospital I go to is a teaching facility...but after learning that staff doctors, are there of course to oversee major things like surgeries, and things of the nature, I feel much better, and I mean the anethesiologist has to be quite certified I'm sure if you do have to have some type of surgery where you are put under. Lord knows, I wouldn't wanna have someone less than qualified, putting me under, or cutting into me, and I'm sure they have to actually be qualified in some way or another before they go messing around with someone's body.

So nonetheless, for all you who have no health insurance, check out a charity hospital, and see what they can do for you as far as having no health insurance, and being strapped for cash is concerned. I understand that all want the best care, but "some" care is better than no care at all. Wow, its late and I have work today its 2:00am, I'm not trying to hold on to these last two days before surgery much, huh? THANKS SO MUCH LADIES for letting me vent this evening, and for the quick responses to my last post, you all are angels in my eyes, and I'm sorry that some of you have to go through some of the things that you do. (some of those things definately put the cone biopsy I have to have to shame) I admire the strength of you all, and hope that all goes well with anything that you ladies may be facing.

I'll let you ladies know how my surgery goes, until then, goodnight, and God bless, you all are beautiful.
xtattooedhandsx

Last edited by xtattooX; 05-05-2008 at 09:01 AM. Reason: breaking into paragraphs to make reading easier

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-21-2008, 06:40 AM   #2
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User
Re: My Pre-Surgery Message/No Health Insurance Message

Hello there! I can so relate to the 2am postings. I'm a bit (well quite a bit-- 37) older than you! Under normal circumstances you'd wonder what we could ever have in common. Amazingly though this experience brings together women of all ages and suddenly you find yourself "relating" to women 20 yrs older or younger than you.

In any case, I wishing you the best tomorrow and HAPPY BIRTHDAY TODAY!! I agree that the waiting is the worst...it just gives your mind time to wonder and play games with you. Sometimes the "what ifs" are overwhelmingly powerful. I look at other women and think "wow she's so healthy...wish I were her" then again I know nothing about her and what she's battling...I could be wishing for God knows what. It's just a case of "the grass always seems greener on the other side" I've gotta stop that...especially considering my situation could be worse...much worse. Right now my colpo shows mild abnormal changes--no displasia/ HPV so I am on the 6 month repeat pap plan. The good news is it gets me through the summer right! This experience started for me in June 07 when I got my first ever abnormal PAP. Everyone says..don't worry but how do you go 37 yrs with no health issues to an abnormal pap and NOT WORRY!?!? UUGGHHH! Just when I came to grips with it and actually started to feel "normal" again, it was time for my 6 month PAP (March) and now the anxiety has started again since the results were the same. So now I wait another 6 mos and just hoping the next one is normal.

Anyway, enjoy your day today. Try as hard as you can to think good thoughts and take care.

Old 04-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User
Re: My Pre-Surgery Message/No Health Insurance Message

Hi,

I really want to reply to your thread and I hate to ask this, but would you be able to go in to edit mode and break your post into smaller paragraphs? I have a neurological condition, and it's really difficult for me to read a long block of text.

If you're not able to do that, it's okay. It would just make it so much easier for me to understand and read.

Thanks and hugs,

Lisa

Closed Thread