It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2008, 02:36 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

xtattooX HB User
Thumbs up Just had Cone Biopsy (LITERALLY)

Hey Ladies! I just had my cone biopsy a few hours ago, in the hospital, under general anesthesia. I'll apologize now for any incoherentness, as I'm still a bit loopy, but I just HAD to let ya ladies know how it went, and it was suprisingly painless. I went in at 7:30AM, went in for actual surgery at 10:00AM, and was discharged around 2:30PM, probably wouldn't of been so long but the doctor had an emergency C-Section to do for someone else.

So anyway, like you said Shashi, the anesthesia part was nothing, gettin' the IV was the worst, they rolled me to the OR, after having injected me with some Versad (not sure how to spell it), and boy after that did I feel good....they had me move to the operating table...and that was the last thing I remember....I woke up in recovery, I had some side effects from the anesthesia, shaking a little bit, also threw up a little bile (as there was nothing on my stomach) a few times. They gave me some pain meds through an IV, as I was having on a scale of 1 to 10, about a 6-7 with cramping, but the cramping was really nothing compared to some cramps I've had with periods, and of course the meds worked, and I think they're still working

They then discharged me, sending me with a perscription for Lortab for moderate to severe pain, and Motrin, for milder pain. Right now I feel like taking nothing, but as I said I think what they gave me in hospital is still working and I hope to have to take nothing.

The doctor said she didn't see anything with her eye wrong in my uterus when she did the D&C and said she got a "pretty good" tissue sample from the cone biopsy, get the results in like 2-3 weeks. So we'll see, I'm super sleepy and my eyes are closing, so I'll go...but before I do, I know it takes courage to go and have the procedures done...and for those of you about to have them...although it's different for everyone, it really wasn't as big of a deal as I thought it would be.....Waiting, the IV for general anesthesia, and being rolled around on the gurney were the worst.

Thanks again Ladies for your support in my time of need, and you all were right, it seriously wasn't bad. *HUGS!!!*

xtattooedhandsx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2008, 04:39 PM   #2
(female)

BE 123 HB User
Re: Just had Cone Biopsy (LITERALLY)

Great! Now begins the healing. Good luck!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Shshi HB UserShshi HB User

Hi, I'm so glad that everything went well. I know how anxious you were about the anesthesia. It really isn't that bad, is it, except for the side effects that can occur afterwards. (My last surgery was to remove both ovaries and was through an 8" incision in my abdomen (my old hysterectomy scar.) I was so sick from the anesthesia and pain meds and was just miserable for the four days I was in the hospital. Vomiting with a tummy incision is NOT much fun at all!)

Take care of yourself and get some rest. Let us know what you find out about your biopsy.

Hugs,

Lisa

Old 04-22-2008, 07:02 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

I'm glad you are feeling good about the surgery! I swear, up until you said the pain was no worse than your period pains, I could have written the post! (I've never had many really bad periods).

Let us know how you are doing after your surgery meds wear off!

Closed Thread