It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-23-2008, 08:17 AM   #1
(female)

mic8203 HB User
New to board! Just found out that I have Stage 4b cervical cancer

Hello,

My name is Michelle and just wanted to find someone to talk with. I'm 26 years old and have recently found out that I have stage 4b cervical cancer. This has been a huge shock for me, I have always been healthy and never really thought you could automatically be in stage 4 of any type of cancer with out any real sign.. My doctor has explained a lot of the things I have been ignoring over the years is probably a huge reason this wasn't caught sooner, as well as the fact that I haven't been to an OB since I had my son almost five years ago. I'm sure that didn't help any, but I have always been healthy and never really felt I had a reason to go to any doctor. Now I'm just not for sure what to do, my doctors have given me many options, I have recently just had a historectomy, and now I'm doing 6 weeks for chemo once a week low dose of cisplatin, and I have to do 25 external radiation treatments over a 4-6 week time frame, and 5 internal raditation treatments which last about four hrs.
If any one has any information I might want to know, and or just someone who might be in similar situation or know some one. I would like to be able to chat with you

Old 04-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #2
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User
Re: New to board! Just found out that I have Stage 4b cervical cancer

Unfortunately I don't have any advise for you. I haven't experienced your specific situation but I just had to stop by and respond to wish you the very best through this. I'm new to this board so I'm not a big help with feedback but wanted you to know that this place has been great support in the couple of weeks I've been here. They even answer posts on the weekends!! So someone with better feedback than me will stop by soon so keep checking back. In the meantime, don't feel alone. The women here have been great!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-23-2008, 08:16 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Michelle, I don't have any advice for you right now. I *do* want to let you know you are in my prayers!

Old 04-23-2008, 08:41 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

music47 HB User
Thumbs up Re: New to board! Just found out that I have Stage 4b cervical cancer

Mic

I want you to know that you are my prayers. Hang in there Mic. I hope you'll stay in touch.

Hugs Nadine

Old 04-24-2008, 05:00 AM   #5
(female)

corkgirl1 HB User

Michelle, you say that your doctor explained symptoms that you had experienced over the years. What were they?

You are in my prayers

Old 04-24-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
(female)

WannaBpainFree HB User

omggg, soooo sry to hear that !!! your still so young i am too dealing with a scare , but ill post that on the main page ! my prayers are with you hun .....take care and keep your head up high and dont letti take u over .

The Following User Says Thank You to WannaBpainFree For This Useful Post:
OML66 (12-12-2010)
Old 04-24-2008, 07:41 PM   #7
(female)

texan1771 HB User

Michelle,I was stage 11B had the low dose cisplatin the radiation 6 weeks 5x a week and just 2 internal treatments.If you have ANY questions PLEASE do not hesitate to post them,you have a long road ahead and things will get bad BEFORE they get "good" take care and God Bless,Ginger

Old 04-29-2008, 02:17 PM   #8
(female)

krisnakay HB User

My mom was diagnosed with stage 4 cervical cancer 20 years ago.She was given a 20/80 chance of survival.She is still alive and we just had lunch together.There is always hope.She prayed alot.She did imaging.She took chemo and radiation treatments.She had years of abnormal paps.She also had hpv.

Old 05-01-2008, 11:14 PM   #9
(female)

rockylucy05 HB User

I am so sorry you have to go through this. I wish you best and you will be in my prayers. My mom had cancer that started in the cervix, but she has been diagnosed with edometrial clear cell cancer. It was a stage 3b but now stage 4 and she tried chemo but didn't work so now is terminal. I am going to get a pap smear and whatever I need to do to not have happen me. I hope that you will do what you need to do to keep this from happening to you all. This has been sad and depressed to all of us. I am going to miss my mom everyday when she is gone. Please take care of yourself and I hope you will be a survivor. Keep in touch! Hugs!!
cindy

Old 05-02-2008, 08:37 AM   #10
(female)

lovesick1 HB User

Hey I'm also curious what were the symptoms that finally made you go into the doc. I've been sick for 4 months but all the blood test come back ok... When clearly I know that I am not ok!!!! I wish you the best and just be glad they found it when they did...

Old 05-07-2008, 09:44 AM   #11
(female)

Katherine19 HB User

Hi, I am 45 with 2 children and diagnosed with stage 3b in Jan and began treament in Feb -08. I have recently completed my treatment. The treatment keeps killing cells up to one month after you finish, this is where I am now. I returned to work 2 weeks ago and find out this Friday if the treatment has put me into remission or not. I can understand your fear. The journey thru treatment is difficult. I think everyone finds different parts of the treatment the hardest. I had 6 chemo, 25 external radiation and 5 internal( I had to have day surgery twice for the smyte sleeve insertion, the first time my doctor was not satisfied with its postition)

This is what helped me thru:

try not to resist, trust that the people giving you care, know what they are doing.

Try to take as much stress out of your life as possible - let people help, slow down, let the everyday chores slide. ( negativity and worry takes energy.)

Breathe deep often - cancer cells cannot survive in an oxygen enviroment

I felt it was my job for those 6 weeks to concentrate on myself - do what feels right to you, rest as much as you need to. Listen to music, read books that will nourish your spirit.

My thoughts are with you and I wish for you great strength, support and an unyielding spirit.

Closed Thread