It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

WannaBpainFree HB User
Exclamation scared and need advice !

hello all , im a 31 female , it all started back in 2001 , and really didnt think anything of it. had an ultrasound done , it reported my endometrial lining being 13mm , and had a 1cm cyst on my right ovary. like i said really didnt think anything and never went back to the doctors. until aug of 2006 when i just couldnt take the pain anymore . well come to find out i had an enlarged uterus the size of a 12k preg. and a fibroid tumor . well was suspose to get a hysterectomy done in jan 2007 but insurance reasons didnt let me . but i was having bad cramps , the first 3 days of my period are heavy (clots), my inner thighs and legs ache , now my ovaries have this burning feeling exspecially when i sit up right in a chair . well i finally made another apt last week . found out my uterus size went from 12wk to 16 wks , and i have cysts on both ovaries , and a very thick abnormal endometrial lining. i was scheduled for an endometrial biopsy ,which i got done yesterday , now my pap test came back and it was abnormal , now my doc wants to do a colposcopy in 2wks. im scared to death here . i want yall to e honest with me does this sound like there might be more to this than just old fibroid tumors ???? i know all i can do wait it out for my biopsy results . i need to call and get a copy of my pap results too . so i can post on what they said on it . well my prayers go out to each and everyone of you . and thank you for your concers and advice .......

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-24-2008, 07:05 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: scared and need advice !

You are in my prayers.

I don't much about your symptoms, but I'd like to share a prayer with you. This is what I prayed before I had my first colposcopy: Please give the doctor clear eyes, sure hands, and let her get everything she needs to get. This is exactly what happened. My doctor not only did the colposcopy, but she also did an ECC (endocervical curettage). My paps have always come back clear and the colpo looked great. She did the ECC just to check (since everything looked great). The pathology report from the ECC showed adenocarcinoma in situ (precancerous cells). From there I had a cone biopsy which came back endocervical adenocarcinoma Ia1 - the lowest stage of cancer. As bad as a cancer diagnosis is, I'm glad it is the lowest stage. Treatment is only surgery. No chemo, no radiation, leaving the ovaries, and the tubes. I'd say that is pretty "lucky". I'm glad my doctor was wise enough to look a little further.

I don't say this to scare you. I say this because I believe it is better to know than to not know. The earlier something is found, the sooner doctors can do something to help.

Again, I keep you in my prayers!

Closed Thread