It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 08:21 PM   #1
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User
Pickleeyes...

I just wanted to post to let you know how much I admire your strength. Just days ago, you posted your results and even in light of that you still find the strength to post on the board not to mention you said you were going to work!!!! Like your Dr, my DR did the ECC as well. It showed some atypia of the squamous cells but no dysplasia/HPV. In fact, I thought the ECC was a natural part of the biopsy process because she said it so matter of factly. But maybe its not standard protocol so I applaud your push for women to specifically ask for it just in case their DR's only biopsy what they can see.

I'm sure you may have your moments but the strength you've shown on this board is just unbelievable and I honestly don't know that I could do the same. Thank you so much. Here's wishing you the very best care, the utmost peace and continued strength as you win this fight.

Take care!

Last edited by mod_007; 04-25-2008 at 09:11 PM. Reason: Hear Hear

Old 04-25-2008, 06:14 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Pickleeyes...

:blushing: Thank you Mommyandwifey!

This whole adventure (since January) has felt so weird. It is kind of like I'm not in my own body, but watching everything going on. I get sad, frustrated, and scared; but I don't stay with any of them very long. I take that back, I was in a pretty bad "funk" from January to mid March.

After I got the adenocarcinoma in situ (CINIII/Stage 0) diagnosis in mid/late March I just KNEW it was going to be cancer. I also *knew* it was going to be a stage 1 diagnosis. I've read and read and read between the adenocarcinoma in situ diagnosis and today. I've learned a LOT. I've also spent a lot of time praying.

Before I went in for the colposcopy and ECC I prayed. I prayed the doctor have clear eyes, sure hands and get everything she needed to get. That is exactly what happened. I believe that God doesn't promise calm seas, but he does promise to calm the sailor in the storm.

We don't always get what we expect.

I believe I am fortunate to have my cancer found so early. I believe it is my responsibility to share my story. It scares me when I read about women whose doctors have said abnormal pap and those women go for years before having anything more than a pap and/or colposcopy. I keep thinking that could have been me (kind of different circumstances, but close enough). My oncologist told me, last week, that if my GP hadn't done the HPV test and the gynecologist hadn't done the ECC, then in ONE YEAR I would be symptomatic (bleeding) and chalking it up to my fibroid and/or menopause. And I guarantee, she's right. I wouldn't have mentioned it to my doctor until my next visit the NEXT year.

I believe sometimes we are given lessons in our lives. Then lessons are for us, but there is an additional lesson to share it with others. So that is what I am doing.

Mommyandwifey, I was so surprised for the call out. It was a very bright spot in my day! Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread