It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-24-2008, 10:22 PM   #1
(male)

todd27 HB User
some advice

My wife has just completed here radiation and chemotherapy treatments for her stage 1b2 cancer. Her radiologist and oncologist state that she most likely will not need a hysterectomy because of how well she reacted to the treatments. Is there anyone out there who has had just radiation and chemotherapy without surgery? If so, is this the way she should go?

Thanks

Old 04-25-2008, 08:19 AM   #2
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User
Re: some advice

Just wanted to stop by to tell you its great that you're so interested in your wifes health to the point of reaching out for information on her behalf! Very loving.

I don't have experience with cancer thus no advice to share but there is someone that frequents the board with stage 1-not sure if its the same kind as your wifes so you may want to give that information as well.

Someone will stop by soon. Take care of yourself too...it's apparent that you'll take good care of your wife!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-25-2008, 06:24 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: some advice

Todd, I have endocervical adenocarcinoma Ia1. My treatment will only be the hysterectomy. I will not have to lose my ovaries, nor will I have to have chemotherapy or radiation. I feel blessed the doctors have caught the cancer so early.

Anyway, I've never heard of radiation and chemo without surgery. Remember, that I've only been reading about cervical dysplasia and cancer for abut 3 months. I *have* read about women having chemo and/or radiation before surgery.

Has your wife sought a second opinion? If not, I highly recommend it!

I wish you peace and understanding. I wish your wife the same thing plus health!

Closed Thread