It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #1
(female)

redgl37 HB User
my LEEP results

I picked up my test results from my leep because i wanted to see them because i did not feel like my dr was explaining things to me at all. She basically said everything is normal, come back in 3 mo's for your next pap. Here is what the results say:

1. Cervix conization: at least high grade squamous epithelial lesion (cin3), with extensive glandular involvement (see comment) and
squamous intraepithelial lesion is focally present at cauterized inked surgical margin.

Pathologists comment: some of the neoplastic clusters present within the superficial stroma show irregular contour, which could represent foci of microinvasive disease instead of non-invasive glandular involvement, however the marked cautery effect present in this specimen precludes a more definitive assessment.

I have searched online and can sort of piece a few things together, and i have asked for a dr's name for a second opinion, but does anyone reading this have any "plain english" translation of what this may mean?

Thanks so much for reading!!

Old 04-27-2008, 04:41 PM   #2
(female)

Steph8681 HB User
Re: my LEEP results

Gosh Red, that is confusing. From the way I interprete it, it seems as though the results indicate CIN 3, with leasions at the area that was cauterized. The rest of it seems to be a scientific/medical assumption that the remaining area while oddly contoured, may indicate the focus of a further microinvasive disease. It seems that the dr. is unable to tell however due to the fact that the area has been recently treated. That is just my interpretation, what do you think? I understand your frustration with your doctor. It seems that they get so used to dealing with this stuff day in and day out that they become robotic. My dr. is equally lacking. That's why we have each other.

You're in my thoughts. Good luck.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

redgl, I read things the same way Steph read them, except the last part. It seems to me that there is another possible microinvasion, but they dcouldn't read it because of the cauterization (done by the LEEP) when taking the sample. When my doctor took a cone sample she did it using a cold knife cone instead of a LEEP or the like. She said you get clear edges with the knife; the LEEP singes the edges and makes it difficult to read the edges.

I hope that helps. Please keep us updated. I also highly suggest you get a second opinion.

Old 04-28-2008, 05:34 AM   #4
(female)

redgl37 HB User

Thanks so much for your replies - I don't know why but I am dragging my feet when it comes to finding a second opinion -I think because i don't want to have to start all over w/ another dr - i will definitely keep you all posted.
Thanks again!

Old 04-28-2008, 04:33 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

redgl37, I don't know if you know this, but when you go for a second opinion, that doctor should receive copies of all of your reports, lab results, pathology reports, etc. The way I understand it, the 2nd (or 3rd) doctor looks at the data that has been gathered. He/she might order another test, but I think generally he/she will make a decision on current data.

I hope that helps!

Closed Thread