It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-02-2008, 07:30 PM   #1
(female)

mgervais1974 HB User
New to Board and Just found out I have Adenocarcinoma in situ

Hi, here is my story:
I am 33 yrs old, married with 3 children and our family is complete. I have never had an adnormal pap until March of 08. I got the call from the doctor and was told to come in right away for a Colposcopy (Wow, that hurt) and then we would get the results in about 2 weeks, so now the next call came in and now told we need to see the OB/GYN, so we go in and talk to him and I was informed that I have CIN3 and that I am going to need the LEEP done the following week. So I went in on the 17th of April to the hospital had that completed, not so bad, but the bleeding is unbelievable. I am so tired of pads upon pads. I went in for my 2 week check up on 4/30/08 and was now told that I have a rare form of Adenocarcinoma in situ. I was right on the line of having full blown cancer. The doctor asked if I was ever exposed to the DES pill when my mother was pregnant with me. My poor mom can't remember, but remembers taken something. He said that this form of AIS can be linked to the DES pill??? He feels very confident that he got all of it. He tired to stop the bleeding for me and said if it does not stop in two more weeks then come back. Also he said that I will come back in August for a follow up Pap Smear. I have been on the computer trying to locate information about it, but not a lot out there. Also I hear a lot about ladies getting hysterctomies. So I am just wondering who else out thre might have this and how you dealt with it and so on. It is so much to take in and learn about, but on the other hand oh so grateful to God that we found out in time. Thanks for listening and would love to hear from any other ladies that have this.
Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 07:58 PM   #2
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User
Re: New to Board and Just found out I have Adenocarcinoma in situ

Hello and welcome!! Wish you had no reason for visiting but so glad you found this board...the women are great! While I don't have experience with AIS, there are a couple of ladies that have. I'm confident they will stop by with some helpful information. Seems like you've been on a whirlwind experience...you've been through alot since last month and clearly you're a fighter!!

I am on the "wait and watch" program for my abnormal pap. This started for me June of '07. Women here range from mild abnormalities to full blown cancer. All of it can create alot of anxiety but the support is invaluable!! Hope you find it to be helpful as well. Take care

Old 05-02-2008, 08:43 PM   #3
(female)

mgervais1974 HB User

Thank you for your warm welcome.

I wish you the best of luck on your "watch and wait".

God Bless,
Michelle

Old 05-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Hi, mgervais1974!

I was diagnosed with adenocarcinoma in situ in late March after having a colposcopy (which turned out great, no biopsy of exocervic, but having an ECC). I had a cold knife cone biopsy April4th. That came back endocervical adenocarcinoma Ia1. My cancer has been cuaght VERY early. I am going to have a hysterectomy (LAVH) in June to remove my cervix and uterus only. I can keep my ovaries, tubes, and all lymph nodes. I will not need chemo or radiation. I'm tell you, my cancer was caught EARLY! I am blessed!

If you want to read more about my diagnosis, you can click on my name, then select read all posts by Pickle Eyes. If you have any questions, please ask. I'll do my best to answer. I am exhausted right now and am heading to bed, or I'd type even more.

I don't know what is in your future. Whatever it is, I wish you peace, understanding and health! Remember, you are not alone in this!

Old 05-17-2008, 06:23 PM   #5
(female)

leigh1031 HB User

Hi Ladies~
I have just been through a very quick cancer journey: I had an abnormal pap of the glandular cell type in Feb. and was called back in for colposcopy, scraping of cervical canal and endometrial biopsy done in Dr's office with no anesthetic. The colposcopy and canal scraping was uncomfortable, but tolerable. The endometrial biopsy on the other hand was excruciating as she had a tough time getting up there. These results came back as Adenocarcinoma In Situ and I was referred to a Gynecologic Oncologist. She scheduled me for a cone biopsy of the cervix on March 26th, done in the OR under general anesthesia, which came back as Adenocarcinoma In Situ. This procedure was not bad at all, though the bleeding was extensive and required a cervical packing. I left post op very early and did'nt require much in the way of pain meds. I was back to my normal self the next day with nothing more than period cramps. Unfortunately, the margins were not clear.
Although I am 44, I wanted another child and had been trying for just 3 months. I have a 3 year old and my pregnancy was perfect, so I didn't think I would encounter any problems. So,obviously, this news was hard to swallow.
I opted for another larger scale cone biopsy on May 5th. I didn't realize how much more painful this one would be. I was in post op much longer and required much more pain medication. The results showed extensive Adenocarcinoma in Situ. I considered a trachelectomy, but my age and the fact that at this point I really didn't have much of a cervix remaining, left little hopes for carrying my own child (even with an abdominal cerclage) or even conceiving, for that matter. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on May 7th, a little over a week ago. I was in ALOT of pain after they took me off of the morphine drip and put me on vicodine. My first few days at home were not any better. On the fourth day I woke up feeling MUCH, MUCH better and I am glad to have this all behind me. My advise for any of you dealing with the same type of thing is to get a second opinion and to trust your doctor. The internet can be very confusing. Write down all of your questions as they come to you and take them in to your Dr. Do not allow your appt to end until you are completely satisfied. If I can be of help to anyone whose going through their own cancer journey, please let me know.
All the best:Leigh

Old 05-17-2008, 06:24 PM   #6
(female)

leigh1031 HB User

Hi Ladies~
I have just been through a very quick cancer journey: I had an abnormal pap of the glandular cell type in Feb. and was called back in for colposcopy, scraping of cervical canal and endometrial biopsy done in Dr's office with no anesthetic. The colposcopy and canal scraping was uncomfortable, but tolerable. The endometrial biopsy on the other hand was excruciating as she had a tough time getting up there. These results came back as Adenocarcinoma In Situ and I was referred to a Gynecologic Oncologist. She scheduled me for a cone biopsy of the cervix on March 26th, done in the OR under general anesthesia, which came back as Adenocarcinoma In Situ. This procedure was not bad at all, though the bleeding was extensive and required a cervical packing. I left post op very early and did'nt require much in the way of pain meds. I was back to my normal self the next day with nothing more than period cramps. Unfortunately, the margins were not clear.
Although I am 44, I wanted another child and had been trying for just 3 months. I have a 3 year old and my pregnancy was perfect, so I didn't think I would encounter any problems. So,obviously, this news was hard to swallow.
I opted for another larger scale cone biopsy on May 5th. I didn't realize how much more painful this one would be. I was in post op much longer and required much more pain medication. The results showed extensive Adenocarcinoma in Situ. I considered a trachelectomy, but my age and the fact that at this point I really didn't have much of a cervix remaining, left little hopes for carrying my own child (even with an abdominal cerclage) or even conceiving, for that matter. I had a total abdominal hysterectomy on May 7th, a little over a week ago. I was in ALOT of pain after they took me off of the morphine drip and put me on vicodine. My first few days at home were not any better. On the fourth day I woke up feeling MUCH, MUCH better and I am glad to have this all behind me. My advise for any of you dealing with the same type of thing is to get a second opinion and to trust your doctor. The internet can be very confusing. Write down all of your questions as they come to you and take them in to your Dr. Do not allow your appt to end until you are completely satisfied. If I can be of help to anyone whose going through their own cancer journey, please let me know.
All the best, Leigh

Old 05-17-2008, 10:47 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Hi Leigh! I will be having my cone biopsy on June 17th and my hysterectomy on June 18th. My diagnosis is endocervical adenocarcinoma Ia1, though. I'm relieved they found it so early, it is still disturbing. I'm glad you wrote to say that you are feeling better pretty quickly after surgery. What type of hysterectomy did you have? I'll be having a LAVH (laparoscopically assisted vaginal hysterectomy).

Closed Thread