It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

xtattooX HB User
Question Checking In

Hey Ladies, haven't posted, nor checked the post in a while, and I just wanted to say thanks to you who answered my post about how long it takes for results from a cone biopsy, as well as the question about the watery discharge. I also want to let everyone who pops in and reads this message that I hope you all are doing well, and that you all are in my prayers.

Unfortunately, I have not called the doctor about my results, nor have they called me. Guess I'm still hanging on the "No news is good news" concept (its been like 2 weeks since my surgery), but its looking like I may have to call them earlier than my appointment because.....

( Just a warning this may be GRAPHIC to some...) I'm bleeding, and I think I passed the vaginal packing I had completely, like a day or 2 ago, and now I'm bleeding. I didn't bleed at all up until now since my surgery, which I said I had 2 weeks ago above, and I don't know if its my period, or what. This whole surgery thing has got me questioning the understanding I have of my body as far as monthly cycles go, and so at this point I don't know what to think. I'm having slight pain that feels like it does when I have my period inside around my cervical area where I had surgery, however I do not have a fever, chills, and am not soaking pads in an hour, but its still kind of a lot of blood, or maybe it's because I've never used pads until now, so maybe I don't really know whats normal for me on a regular period to pass on a pad, and as we all know I can't use a tampon. Soo, its all very frustrating between this and getting my results. Thanks for letting me vent as always. You Ladies take care... you're all in my thoughts and prayers.

xtattooedhandsx

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User
Re: Checking In

Thank you for checking in with us! I'm sorry to hear the bleeding is distressing. I suspect a lot can be said about not using pads until now and not being aware of how much blood in a tampon = blood in a pad. I've been using tampons for years and years (since I was about 19, and I am currently 44). I switched to using cloth pads when I'm at home. I made that switch about 3 years ago. I loooove the cloth pads, but since my cone biopsy, I've used disposable pads when away from home (since I can't use tampons). It seemed like I went through WAY more disposable pads than I did cloth pads.

All of that being said, I *do* think you should call your doctor's office tomorrow and ask about the bleeding. I might just be the packing coming out or the stitches coming out. Hopefully it will lighten up by tomorrow anyway. Even if it lightens up, I think you'll feel better if you call them and just check. While you are on the phone with them will you be asking about the pathology report? When is your follow up visit after the cone?

Take care, xtattooedhandsx, and keep up updated, ok? ((((hugs)))

Old 05-04-2008, 10:02 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

xtattooX HB User

Thanks Pickle for responding so quickly. My follow-up appointment is May 12th, about 3 weeks post surgery. I really DO need to get it together, and call the doctor about my results, but I don't feel emotionally or mentally prepared for the worst case scenario, but I suppose no one is ever "prepared" for those sorts of things, and I'm absolutely terrified of having surgery again, maybe more so because I just had surgery, and I'm still recovering from the whole "My First Surgery" thing. I need to build my strength back, from all of these physically, and mentally draining things. I'm seriously trying to suck it up, and deal with it, but maybe all this bleeding stuff will force me to call sooner, hopefully not though, I definately don't need a bleeding problem. Who knows, maybe I'll wake up tomorrow and mysteriously have the courage to do something so simple like; picking up the phone, calling the doctor, getting the results, and getting it over with.
(((HUGS)))
xtattooedhandsx

Last edited by xtattooX; 05-04-2008 at 10:03 PM.

Old 05-05-2008, 05:13 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Tattooed Hands, I hope you had a good day today. Let us know if you need anything. We're here for each other! (((hugs)))

Closed Thread