It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2008, 11:35 AM   #1
(female)

Tiff91 HB User
Question 17 years old and afraid I may have Cervical Cancer.

I havent been to a doctor in about 6 years, never had a phisical exam or anything like that. For the past 3 or 4 years I have had vaginal bleeding like I was on my period almost non-stop until about 6 months ago. I just stopped bleeding and I havent had a period or bleed since, until the past couple of weeks, I have started spotting every now and then, not much, just a little bit. I know this is not normal and I know I should have went to a doctor a long time ago, I didnt tell my my anything about it until I stopped bleeding for about 2 months, I begged her not to take me to a doctor because I didnt want to put even more stress on her, and because im shy and I just didnt want to deal with it. Does this sound like Cervical cancer to you? If it is and I dont get treatment how long do you think I have to live?

Old 05-06-2008, 12:03 PM   #2
(female)

Shellbel78 HB User
Re: 17 years old and afraid I may have Cervical Cancer.

I think you will be fine. You just need to go to the Dr. You're at the age where you need to start getting yearly exams anyway. They will probably do a pap and go from there. It may be as simple as putting you on the pill to "regulate" you. If you don't mind me asking, when did you have your first period?

Michelle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
(female)

Tiff91 HB User

I got my first period around 12 or 13. And just to clear it up, theres no way possible I could be pregnant. Thank you Mitchelle for the reasureance.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:20 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

xtattooX HB User

Tiff-
Hey. Listen, I'm 24, not too, too much older than you, but as far as the fear, nervousness, and shyness about going to the doctor is concerned, I can totally relate, as I'm sure everyone can.

Have you ever had a pap smear before? It's very important that you do this as much as your doctor tells you to after your first one (assuming you haven't had one yet) because if you do have something wrong with you, they can possibly catch and treat it early before it progresses into something worse. Based on the information you have given, it sounds to me like you have irregular periods, but no one can know for sure what is going on with you except a doctor, and that's why you really need to see one.

It is scary, I know. I had an abnormal pap, a colposcopy, and a cone biopsy to treat some abnormalities I had not too long ago, and like I said I'm 24, I don't have cancer, but I have abnormalities that can progress to cancer if left untreated, and believe me, I don't want to have to deal with this stuff this young, but I have to, you know, no one wants to deal with this stuff, but unfortunately it happens.

Sweetheart, believe me its better to use the tools (doctors) available to you in life to at least try and correct a situation. Running away from your problems isn't the answer. Believe me I have my moments...I tend to run away sometimes, but it always inevitably picks and picks at me until I do something about it, and sometimes I let it pick at me for a while, but in the end I always must face my problems, as does everyone else. Better sooner than later. Good Luck.

xtattooedhandsx

Last edited by xtattooX; 05-06-2008 at 05:02 PM.

Closed Thread