It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-10-2008, 01:21 PM   #1
(female)

septemberday HB User
Fluid in pelvis

I am 64 and recently had my yearly visit with my gynecologist. She always orders a pelvic ultrasound due to my fibroids. I got a call to repeat the ultrasound in 6 weeks due to fluid (just a tiny bit more than is acceptable) in the pelvis behind the uterus. I repeated the ultrasound and it still shows the fluid. Everything else looks normal. Now I am to have a MRI, CA125 and a laparoscopy. What could this fluid be from considering everything else looks normal. I am freeking out! ....Thanks

Old 05-10-2008, 06:18 PM   #2
(female)

mommyandwifey HB User
Re: Fluid in pelvis

Hi there....I don't have much for you but I know how waiting for an answer can be tough....especially over the weekend. I do know that one cause for fluid can be ruptured cysts. Cysts are fluid filled structures. Sometimes cysts can develop, they rupture and then the fluid from them is simply reabsorbed by the body. Other times the fluid is not and then the Dr wants to test further. Sorry this isn't much but hope it helps even a little.

Take care. Oh and take it from me...you may want to limit your internet research...there's tons of "not so good" information out there and even the good information can drive you crazy with all the symptoms, horror stories etc. I will keep you in my thoughts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-11-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
(female)

septemberday HB User
Re: Fluid in pelvis

Thanks for your reply. Actually, the doctor and I must mention that she is extremely thorough (which is, of course, what you want) and wants the MRI and CA125 done sometime within the next four weeks and she will see me then after repeating the ultrasound the same daythat they do the ultrasound. I guess my thought here is, o.k., if she really thinks it is something terrible, why isn't she having me come in sooner.

Then, even if the MRI and CA125 are normal she will do a lap just to be sure.

Oh, and you are sooo right about the internet sites. They can really drive you bonkers!

Closed Thread