It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Cancer: Cervical & Ovarian Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2008, 06:55 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

xtattooX HB User
Holding My Breath

I go to the doctor tomorrow to get my cone biopsy results. I've crouched around like a dog with its tail between its legs for 3 weeks. In this time I've not attempted to call the doctor, nor has the doctor's office called me. They haven't sent anything via mail either. SO, here's hoping.

I know I'm the biggest chicken ever, and I could kick myself for being such a doofus, I just feel that, along with everything else that's not going right in my life, if I get just one more piece of bad news, I'll flip.

Also Mandy, Pickle, Mel, Brieaukirsch thanks again for being so diligent answering my "What the hey" post, tons of great information, I really need to absorb all I can.

I have a question for brieaukirsch, or for anyone who may know... how exactly would a doctor check to see if dysplasia was in my canal, and being that I've had a colposcopy, would they have known I had it in my canal then, or is the cone biopsy surgery what they did to test for dysplasia in my canal?

xtattooedhandsx

Old 05-11-2008, 06:59 PM   #2
(female)

BE 123 HB User
Re: Holding My Breath

Hey there, typically an ECC is done after colposcopy, which tests the canal. I have to say though, I'm not sold on the accuracy of the ECC because it's only a sampling, typically very scant and mucus-y and bloody (mine was), plus there's no way to visualize it. A cone biopsy is both diagnostic and therapeutic, so your bases are covered. Just get a copy of the path report.

Good luck. I think you will be all right.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2008, 11:03 AM   #3
(female)

NikkaBlu HB User

Hey there...I also was just Dx with AIS, had cone biopsy in 4-17-08.. and my dr did not contact me for 10 days with the pathology report.

To answer your last question about the "canal" ...My MD took the cervix biopsy, along with endocercival canal and endometrial biopsies... This is how they can go beyond the tip or tyhe entrance of the canal ( transformation zone).
I did have an ECC done visualizing about 1 cm of the canal during the colposcopy but higher up during the cone biopsy. ( under sedation)

In my case... endocervical and endometrial were negative. Cervix was - as we knew it to be Adenocarcinoma In Situ....margins were not clear.
My MD did not recommend Hysterctomy yet- but I am seeing a GYN/ONC tomorrow...whom I suspect will suggest it soon.. ( Im 39, married, no kids, still trying!).... I notice here that many with AIS end up having a hysterectomy..
I wish you luck!
( Hey Pickle Eyes!!)

Old 05-12-2008, 06:57 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Pickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB UserPickle Eyes HB User

Hi there, Nikka!

Tattooed Hands, I hope your appointment went well. You have been in my thoughts!

Everyone has said everything I'd say about the ECC. Colpo and ECC were my first samplings. The ECC gave me the adenocarcinoma in situ diagnosis, which also sent me in for the cone (cold knife cone).

I'm wondering, is the ECC kind of like a pap smear for the endocervical canal?

Closed Thread